Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by some guy, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

A couple more:

- people who leave their Christmas lights on after the first week of January. Leaving them UP I don't have a problem with (dangerous with the snow and ice to climb on roofs or up ladders to take them down), but turn them OFF! There are a couple of houses near me that STILL have them on.

- people who park on the side of the road, and either (a) open their door without looking to see if anyone's coming, or (b) open their door, and then proceed to get stuff out of the passenger seat while still in the car. Do you need the door wide open to do all that?

2. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

Re: Re: Another Pet Peeve

If you are implying that I am the kettle, allow me to assure you that I am copper. :p

Btw, the pot calls the kettle black, not the other way around. If you are going to insult me, please, at least get it right. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2003
  3. LosBandito

LosBandito Banned

Now BOTH the pot and the kettle are calling...

Kettle, Kettle on the wall, who's the blackest one of all?
    There's only one so rude and unclassy...
    The hypocrite known as... :D

4. sassygrl72

sassygrl72 Active Member

Another pet peeve....people who use the word "hypocrite" without taking a moment to realize that they are being hypocites themselves in the process. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2003
  5. RATman90

RATman90 New Member

sassygirl72, are you the pot or the kettle?

6. JohnnyMogul

JohnnyMogul Active Member

To quote the great Allen Iverson... "BOFE"

in 3... 2... 1...

7. Wingsfan9042

Wingsfan9042 New Member

whats a hypocite?

8. LosBandito

LosBandito Banned

From Funky Wagwells Encyclopedia Titanica...

Hypocite - (hip-po-site) Inane grey matter that inhabits one’s brain causing the outpouring of useless drivel, inappropriate replies and stray remarks to be spewed forth in great quantities. (Like Celulite, but different!)

See Also
    - Topicus Creepicus Maximus
    - Brains of SOME posters to this forum

9. stomper

stomper New Member

my pet peeves;

- NEXTEL. I HATE that damn walkie talkie function. Course what I hate more are those who have the volume turned past max, like do I NEED to hear it go off 1/2 a mile a way?

-People who park in handicap spots simply because they are to lazy to walk or think it's a standing zone. Its not, you got two legs, freakin' walk!!!

-People who seem to not know how to use their turn signals.

-People who not only leave the foot of snow on the tops of their cars, but then proceed to drive down a highway/expressway at 80....and are in front of me!!!!

-People who don't know what the sign YIELD means.

-People who think when their lane ends and they're to merge they have the right of way.....NOT!!!!

-People who feel a need to have a full conversation with the cashier, banker, service desk, etc, while there is a line behind them. Get their number and call them, later!!!!

-People who love to go to a movie theater so they can have a conversation with their friends DURING the movie!!! Let us not forget those other ones who have to tell their friend what is going on, or going to happen, LOUDLY, during the movie.

-People, who during a rainstorm or any other incliment weather lack the ability to turn on their lights. Ok, you can see, but that doesn't mean I can see you!!!

-Oh heck, people who just are plain clueless/ignorant of the world around them. It's amazing how many little worlds are actually on earth.

-Automated phone systems for companies. I called to talk to a person, not 1000 different automated directions/msgs

-When you expect a refund check from a credit card company. They seem to have the ability to take forever to get it back to you with no faults yet if YOUR payment is a day late they throw on a $35 charge.

I guess thats enough for now...lol

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Know it alls **** me off.

11. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Sassy and stomper posts. Oh the memories. I battled with sassy and gmbjr more than any others, but really liked talking with both of them in person. I will never forget jsap walking up on George and I having beers before a game, and saying how the people on this board would never believe it.

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a time I was in Pittsburgh in 2008. I was dropping a friend off at his cousin's house, which was down the street from some retirement home in a semi-ritzy neighborhood. I'm driving along, and this old lady ahead of me literally stops and just parks her car in the middle of the street to get out and greet her friend who's leaving the retirement home. Not a single **** was given, and she left her car doors wide open so I wasn't able to pass.

Now, that didn't stop the guy behind me from trying. Not only did that guy drive up to her and give her (justified) attitude, but he also scratched his Benz rather badly on her open driver-side door as he sped by :rolleyes:

RockStar likes this.
  13. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Peeve. Why does the weather channel app or website have so much video content it takes forever to load? I go there for radar, but it takes minutes to load, gets choppy, and never gives you what to see. It seems this started a few months ago, great downgrade on content. It is the same, no matter what network or connection I use.