Peterborough Help

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Vin, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I have a college-age friend who will be moving to Peterborough for a co-op position starting this fall. This friend will be looking for an apartment and pretty much has no experience in Peterborough. I wish I had more experience, but I never got to visit that part of ON.

Any help here?
    Does anyone know the "good neighborhoods" or any other "insider information" that you can share about life or living in Peterborough?

Thanks!
    Vin :)

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

stay away from the Evanses, they're trouble :D.

In all seriousness, my folks live there, but, they're transplants......I am not from there.

I know how to visit, but, not how to live.

It's a college town, should be pretty easy to find modest accomodations on short term lease.

Try Kijiji for leads on apartments/shared houses.

3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Thanks for that.

What's Junior doing these days? Besides having played for the Lakers, JGJ was born in Peterborough. Does he still live there?

4. RockStar

I thought Grant married an American and settled near Denver......

Can't remember the last summer that he played for the Lakers, but, when he was doing that, I could imagine him just mostly relocating for the summer if he was doing so, and, then taking weekend trips to wherever his MLL guys were........

The environs around Peterborough are nice enough place to summer - Woods, and lots of nice-ish small lakes......think like Adirondack region minus significant mountains. Could rent a home in a nice situation like that and still only have a ~25 minute commute to practice/play semi-pro lacrosse.

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

6. RockStar

FWIW, I was curious, so, sniffed at the local listings for apartments.

Lots of active listings now (August might look different due to student population pouring back into town). Looks like you might be able to get an acceptable 1 bdrm apartment in and around the $900 to $1000 range.

You can maybe get a room for $4oo to 500 or a whole house for $1600