Place to stay in or near Toronto/ACC?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Vin, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

As an Attack fan potentially visiting Toronto for a rematch, what are the good places to stay in Toronto that are reasonably close (walking distance or short taxi ride) and that aren't going to kill my wallet?

2. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

RADISSON PLAZA HOTEL ADMIRAL
    249 QUEENS QUAY WEST
    TORONTO, M5J 2N5
    TORONTO/DOWNTOWN
    The Radisson Plaza Hotel is a first class hotel, located in downtown Toronto, 30 kilometers from Toronto Pearson International. The hotel boasts beautifully appointed guest rooms that feature all amenities that the discerning traveler has come to expect from hotels of today.
    $109.95 CAD for 2 adults. It's approximately a 10 minutes walk to the ACC.

[​IMG]

The Hotel at SkyDome is $139.95 CAD for 2 adults/night, same distance as the Radisson.

If you want to stay up my Maple Leaf Gardens and take the Subway to the ACC, you can stay at the Days Inn-Downtown for about $79.95 and ride the TTC southbound to Union on the Yonge side for about $2.25/adult...

3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Thanks!

That Radisson sounds like a great choice...and $109CDN is about $72US, so that sounds great!

4. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

If you want to go upscale, there's always the Royal York hotel, just across the street from Union station, but that's around $209-$299 CAD / night...good for treatin' your significant other to a nice night of romance or what have you. :D

Just be sure to call ahead and make sure that the hotel workers aren't on strike...and no, I'm not kidding...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2002
  5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Thanks again...

That is what we'd like to do in fact. I've always wanted to go to TOR, but never got the chance. My wife and I love MON and seeing ALB @ MON gave us an excuse to go there, see the game, and get romantic... TOR or OTT would be my next stops, especially now that MON is out of the picture....

6. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Jeez, Meathead, are you the PR director for the Radisson?

7. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Ha ha, BD...no, I just went to www.hotels.com and that was the first thing that caught my eye as relatively close...I'm a No-Tell Motel man myself... :D

8. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Cool!

9. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

Allow me to throw my vote in for the Westin Harbour Castle... a very nice place, and sometimes they even have a NLL rate.

10. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

you are correct

call the harbour castle at 416-869-1600 and tell them

you want the ROCK RATE it is a special deal for room prices

for people going to rock home games at the acc.

11. DaveatNLLLax

DaveatNLLLax Active Member

I can attest to the Westin Harbour. One excellent place to spend a weekend. Great service, food and facilities. My family and I had an excellent stay there for championship weekend in 2001 and plan on making it back there in the very near future. The staff even helped us line up tickets and directions to some of the attractions in the city. All-in-all, a five-star stay had by all!!!

Dave

12. Canadan

Canadan New Member

IF YOU'RE REALLY ON A LOW BUDGET.........

The City Of Toronto has numerous park benches and TTC shelters that would prove ample accomodation. :rotfl:

13. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

You can probably sleep in the subway, even.

14. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

to quote petula clark

DON'T SLEEP IN THE SUBWAY....DARLIN

15. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

When I was visiting my exotic dancer girlfriend, I stayed at these two places:

Quality Hotel Downtown (Lombard & Jarvis) - not bad, pretty reasonable, close to the ACC

Quality Suites Airport - really great room, 5 min from downtown, reasonable rate. This would be my pick.

16. D.Mal #18

D.Mal #18 New Member

My recommendation would be the Westin Harbour as well.
    Great place within walking distance, and if you get the NLL rate like we did when we were up there it's really not expensive. We also had lots of player sightings too, which is always a plus.
    If you have kids they'll love it there. They have lots of stuff geared toward them including a story line that they can call up and have a story read to them. I noticed that on the phone that's next to the toilet. Don't ask me why they have one there, but.. it's there.

17. raphilly

raphilly New Member

> Don't ask me why they have one there, but.. it's there.

Have what? A story line for the kids, or a phone next to the toilet?

Who knows what sick mind thought of the other one [ :) ], but many hotels put phones in the bathroom so that doing one's business doesn't delay being able to do business.

R.A.

18. D.Mal #18

D.Mal #18 New Member

Lol RA.
    The phone next to the toilet.
    I'm sorry, but I really don't want to talk to someone while I'm on the toilet and I REALLY wouldn't want to talk to someone while they're there either.

19. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Ooh! Ooh! Something I forgot!
    The Beer Market!
    CITY: Toronto, ON
    The Beer Market
    3 blocks away from Union Station on the Esplanade. Over 100 imported beers on tap and bottled. Thursday night live music.
    Not only are there over 100 beers on tap, there's over 2500 brands available (OK, maybe not 2500, but there's a LOT) for sale... :D and it's just a few minutes from the ACC...ish...by cab. :D

Address:
    58 The Esplanade
    Toronto, ON
    Phone: (416) 862-7575

[​IMG]
    BTW, anyone notice a street with my name on it? I think it would make a great gift for me one day...hint, hint to our American friends if they're ever up in our neck of the woods again! :D

20. newlaxfan2

newlaxfan2 New Member

There's a street called Meathead???

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: