Places To Eat Near The Hangar??

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Canadan, Feb 25, 2004.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Most of it is still there. The only one that is definitely not is the Front St. Cafe in Union Station.

I like Real Sports if it's adults....pricy, but, best sports bar I have ever been in.

If I have youngsters, I like Olde Spaghetti Factory or Mövenpick Marché for value

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I’ve actually only been to Real Sports 3 times I think. I like going, it’s just that when I’m in town I’m often with frugal folks who don’t wanna go. I’ve never been to Joe Badali’s but I’ve been to the Loose Moose and Hoops. Those are my go to spots near the SBA.

3. RockStar

Badali's has great food, and decent bar, but, it's on the steep side of reasonable. Overdraught, downstairs, was more comfortable, and somewhat better value.

C'est What is another good one for an adult group.....that's the default meeting spot if I am bringing a group. Deep and creative beer+liquor menu. Short food menu, but, it's all interesting and all good.

Hidden gem - Piper's Pub on the concourse level of the Royal York hotel......great one if you're pressed for time on the Friday games when the other Front St. W. choices are jammed. nice pub, great draught specials for Friday happy hour, food steep-ish, but excellent for fancy-casual menu.

4. RockStar

(Another hidden gem for cheap feed and good beer - Longo's grocery store in the basement of the condo tower @ Bremner + York Sts. Get an artisan thin crust pizza or passable Italian sanga-wich from the hot table, grab a seat in the sitting area by the wine/craft-beer bar....)

5. AmericanRockFan

I'm yet to check out C'est What, but have heard good things about it. I actually did visit that Longo's back in 2015 after a Jays game with some friends though, and I forget that it's there, but I did enjoy going there to grab some wings one night.

I'll have to check out Piper's Pub sometime when I come up for a game this season. I'm looking forward to checking out someplace new this weekend, probably on Friday night after the UFC 231 weigh-ins.

6. AmericanRockFan

I ended up going to Longo's after the weigh-ins to take some food back to my hotel (I was staying at the SkyDome). I forgot about the weird setup in that place, with the cash registers being kinda in the middle of the store. I kinda felt like I was shoplifting when I walked past them to get to the other side of the store, and it seemed like I very easily could've just walked out without paying for something in there.

7. R.J

R.J Guest

I think "The Landing" is the Rock's new official team restaurant sponsor, and Kelly's is pretty close to Scotiabank arena. Admittedly, I've gone to William's a few times, but never Kelly's, so I'm looking forward to it this season (along with my 10% discount card lol).

8. brews

brews Guest

Wvrst Union station just opened. A German style beer hall that serves house made sausages with a whole bunch of craft and imported beer options. Options for vegetarians and vegans as well. The original Wvrst in on king west, pretty awesome spot for a quick bite and brew.

9. RockStar

That sounds like something worth trying!

I can even pull off the shttiest dad joke ever with "This is the *wvrst* restaurant I have ever eaten at!"

brews likes this.
  10. AmericanRockFan

Interesting that I never noticed that place while I was wandering around Union last weekend. I'll have to keep it in mind.

11. brews

brews Guest

I think they just opened monday?? Anyways, I go to the original location on king before games. Nice to have it even closer now!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018 at 5:20 PM