Please fire whomever is in charge of the in-game music

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by jstraw80, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:45 AM.

1. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

1. What poor picks to play.
    2. It makes absolutely no sense. You play the "fired-up" music when the offense is out there and the lame calm music when the defense is out there.
    You want the defense pumped up, play the loud crap when the other team has the ball, like the NFL.
    You want the offense to take their time and make good calm decisions, not have fast tracked loud crap so they can't hear each other.

swami24 likes this.
  2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Isn’t the general rule of thumb around the league that you want it loud when you have the ball so that the defense can’t communicate, but you want it quiet when you’re on defense so your defense chat communicate?

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I think it's the way they were utilizing it. They were ON POINT with the music changes.

Loose balls and turnovers? Helloooo 3 different songs in an 8 second span.

4. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Yes historically in the NLL music was only played when the home team had the ball

5. unspoken

unspoken Member

This. It's why I always got irritated when our announcer started a "D...Fense" chant. But that has stopped. It's supposed to be the opposite of football - loud when home team is on offense, quiet when they're on D.

6. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Maybe it's different there, but when you are watching it on TV and you hear such poor lame cheesy elevator music being blasted, it's not really promoting the game very well.

7. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Music in the NLL has never played well on TV or streaming. However I have seen a MILL game without music in a half filled building and it is like a funeral home with only the hardest of slashes and contact with boards making enough sound to carry to the top of the lower level. Hockey and basketball has lots of sound from normal play and the hard surface helps the sound and voices carry. The rug in the NLL sucks up all the sound.

8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I've always hated the music during play. It's one of the reasons I'm starting to like summer indoor lax more than winter indoor lax.

9. AmericanRockFan

Younger me (as in 18 and younger me) used to like the music at games, because it’s different than other leagues. Adult me doesn’t like it cause it seems bush league. I’m willing to settle for a happy medium though, where there’s some music. Some cities are worse than others when it comes to the amount.

10. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

I’ve always hated it. I could even accept some of it if they could just lower the volume and frequency of it.

I was actually trying to watch the Toronto-Colorado game last night. I found it unbearable because of the nonstop blasting music in the background combined with the in arena guy yelling as well. All of this underneath the broadcasters. There’s just never a break from this stuff. That’s why I stopped going to games long ago.

11. AmericanRockFan

The crazy thing is I feel like the music bugs me more when I watch games on tv because it makes it harder to catch what the announcers are saying. At least in person I’m just trying to focus on the game and not on what anyone else is saying.

12. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Having been on the floor at the start of a game, I was amazed at how little thesound from the PA reverbed to the floor. It was quiet there. All of the speakers (.at.least WFc) are faced at the stands, and not pointing to the floor

Now the WFC has a brand new ....loud.... sound system, you feel the bass. With an almost empty upper deck, that sound will bounce around

13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i have a love/hate/ignore relationship with the music. Like MTBF says, it kind of needs to be there.

what it does not need to be is
    -too loud,
    -too incessant,
    -too crappy.

the thing with the last is that my idea of crappy is hugely different than most people's....so, as long as they stick with tried and true arena rock classics, with a bit of semi-current pop filler mixed in, I can deal with it ok.

14. RockStar

the only time I truly hated the music was the year or two where local urban teen station, Hot103, was a sponsor, and one of their personalities was doing the dj-ing.

Shtty club music with Shtty levels of bass, at shtty club volume.......impossible to tune out Didn't help that the team wasn't great either.

15. R.J

R.J Guest

You mean Z103.5 ?

16. RockStar

Maybe I do mean Z103......I only listened long enough to figure out that I didn't like listening

17. AmericanRockFan

I love club music. Is DJ Diachenko still at the game? If so, Imma ask him to crank out some sweet BPM when I come up for a game later this season.