Pop Culture Quiz

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Vin, Jun 5, 2013.

1. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

HA!! Ivan Dixon!! Sgt. James 'Kinch' Kinchloe in Hogan's Heroes!! Bob Crane played Colonel Robert E. Hogan!

Wow! Loved that show!!

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Wow. I cannot believe I didn't go there. Kudos. I thought I knew all of the trivia about their names. Major fail..although that is not a character. Nice job

3. swami24

The birch was that searching for tv actors named ivan led nowhere

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

That is the answer - Ivan Dixon...

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Question 11 is still open.... Hunt through the question for the right clue and Google it and you are home free....

My father would say "Now that's a healthy girl!" (as she would not have "been mistaken for a man") when talking about this one character actress most famous for her roles in 3 movies from a single famous director and a cameo in a Star Trek movie. No longer acting, she now owns and operates a store in Los Angeles somewhat famous for selling garments for similarly "healthy" women. Who is this actress?

6. The_Vukster

Kirstie Alley...Kim Cattrell...Teri Hatcher...?

7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

No. Keep in mind that this actress is essentially retired from acting. She is now just an owner and proprietor of an LA business that specializes in a particular garment sized for her and women built like her. In fact, the name of the business is her first name (which has a relatively unique spelling for that name) and the garments. However, there is one other big clue in the question that a Google search should reveal quickly the answer to the question.

8. The_Vukster

Hmm...I had looked at Jenette Bras before but didn't recognize her name. Jenette Goldstein.

9. swami24

I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of hogan's heroes......

10. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

It is Jenette Goldstein of Jenette Bras whose character in Aliens, Vazquez, was asked by Bill Paxton's character Hudson "Hey Vazquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?" to which she retorts "No. Have you?" Jenette Bras where "The Alphabet Starts at D."

Time for a new question....

Don't be. You know, I went back at some of the early questions I posed and I was thinking, "Holy sh*t! How would anyone ever get these?!" because I literally forgot the answer. You're in a slump, but I believe in you. At least you didn't kill Hitchbot.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  11. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Pop Culture Quiz - Off-season 2015 - Question 12

This one may be a bit hard, but it might be easier than I expected. I will likely have extra clues if necessary.

Despite his real surname, this character actor doesn't live in an East Bay city. One very small part he had was in the last scene of an HBO movie in which his character understood the importance of pleasing those above him.

12. swami24

How do you know:brick:

13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Clue for Pop Culture Quiz - Off-season 2015 - Question 12

The character actor that I am thinking of is not the late great Simon Oakland. (Oakland is an "East Bay" city and, by the way, Oakland is not the East Bay city alluded to in this question.)

14. The_Vukster

Hmmm...East Bay Cities....Richmond, Berkeley, Russell City, Hayward, Freemont....

Branscombe Richmond?

MV5BMTgyOTIxNTk4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDIyMDky._V1_UY317_CR21,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Was the movie El Diablo?

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Nice guess, but no. I wouldn't have chosen Richmond unless I gave additional location clues - such as Richmond is the county name of Staten Island and the capital of Virginia.

This East Bay city is distinctive and well-known.

16. The_Vukster

Alameda, Castro Valley, Newark, Union City, Emeryville, Albany, San Leandro, San Pablo, Crockett, El Sobrante, Pinole, San Lorenzo, Hercules, Rodeo, Piedmont, or El Cerrito?

17. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Well, none of those cities is well-known outside California or the military. However, of all of those that you've listed in this thread, one of them is the winner. So, which is the most distinctive - the most well-known.

18. The_Vukster

Every knows Hercules!

19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

No, more famous than Hercules...

Another clue about that city:

If Eddie Grant had lived in this city when he wrote his 1982 hit song, it wouldn't be electric, but he likely would have used the telegraph.

20. swami24

Xander Berkley??