Predictions.

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Roughnecks Fan #1, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Hi all. I am wowed by the various trades/signings going on, and have the feel that some GM's are preparing for the expansion draft (smart ones anyways). I am going to throw out some predictions and see what y'all think.
    1. Thinking we will see Edmonton Fuel and Philadelphia something for expansion in 2018.
    2. My prediction is Shattler (from Roughnecks) and Bold/Lafontaine (from SaskRush) will be dispersed to Edmonton.
    3. Benesch (from Bandits) will disperse to Philly.
    If I am right, remember you read it here first ha ha! If not, well , then I was full of BS.
    Thanks.

2. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

What GM would give up Callum Crawford and Alex Buque for Benesch and then leave him unprotected in a dispersal draft? That's insane. Similarly, would NE give up Evan Kirk and then not protect the players they got in return? Don't see either one happening.

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Hmmm........the Philadelphia Something. I like it. I look forward to Bandits vs. Something. :D

I would be surprised to see Shattler, Bold, Lafontaine or Benesch left out there for nothing in return. And IF that is the case, a GM should be fired.

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

2019 is a better fit in Philly as Villanova is playing all of their home games at the Wells Fargo, while they build a new basketball stadium. Dates are going to be very slim in spring 2018.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I really can't imagine the NLL putting 2 expansion teams in the league on this short of notice, so I wouldn't expect an expansion draft until after the 2018 season. So as a result, I'm not gonna speculate on expansion draft protected/unprotected lists until after this season.

smurf666 likes this.
  6. Mammoth would want to protect Greer, especially if expansion out to LA/San Diego. I think some management is looking at the ages of some players as well, for locking them in or being willing to gamble.

7. The rumor mill had been going Philly and San Diego (?) this year. Now it is too quiet. I still sit with my predictions of Edmonton/Philly teams. Thanks for all the great discussions/thoughts/comments y'all!!

8. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

The expansion teams would come aboard for 2019 season. Kennan said it is done deal for at least two teams in a interview this week.

9. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

2 confirmed for 2019 and possibly 2 more coming that year or with in the next couple seasons. Edmonton journal stated that oeg (oilers entertainment group) would not buy a team for 2019. That doesn't mean that northland's (owner of old rexal place ) or another investor from Edmonton wouldn't buy a team.

My guess is philly for sure and San Diego for 2019 and the next two are new York and either dallas or Edmonton

10. swami24

So Steve Govett left Colo, and is linked with the SD projected owner, but you gomwith Edm?

11. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

I think they desperately want the Philly ownership to have their shirt together for 2019, so that can be the second one and Edmonton can wait.

Edmonton is the fallback.

12. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Hasn't your regular account been un-banned yet?

13. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

My psychiatrist went insane before he was able to cure me of this personality.

Truth is, I am basically whomever was last logged into whichever device I am using.

14. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark says I hear that!

15. swami24

I hated the Smurfs with such a passion. This is the early 80s, or maybe earlier. My mother bought a Smurf toy for the dog. I intentionally played hard tug of war with it with her, until one time she finally ripped the head off. She looked at me with the head in her mouth, then just turned and spit the head out. Always have loved that moment, and do not go into the spitting out angle.

16. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

never much cared about the smurfs.....name just came from the internet forum "offence" of "smurfing", i.e. assuming two or more identities.

17. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

My younger brother loved the Smurfs. Had a bunch of figures, bed sheets, the whole nine yards. We even went to see Smurfs on Ice which should have been called **** on Ice but again it was the 198os after all.

I was (and still am) into Star Wars. I started down the nerd path early in life.

18. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

If we must discuss the Smurfs, I don't think I either loved or loathed the Smurfs back in my childhood days. If they were on the Cartoon Network, I usually watched them instead of changing the channel. But I don't think I ever rushed home or demanded I be in front of the tv when the Smurfs were on.

19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I was always deeply distressed by The Smurfs.... It was like Adam and Eve... How were they going to make more Smurfs/People if there is only one female. With insufficient genetic diversity such as under those conditions, that would lead to species extinction.

I am much happier about Snorks, though. Lots of genetic diversity and there's no Gargamel to make life difficult.
    [​IMG]

20. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

... and, yes, I did rush home in the summer of 1986 to watch that show. I was 23 and working the 9 PM to 6 AM shift in a Pepsi-Cola plant in Long Island City right across the East River from the UN. Once I got out of work Saturday morning, I rush home with the sun in my eyes as I drove east on the Long Island Expressway, then, after showering, plop my ass down on the couch and watch Snorks on NBC at 8:30 AM. After it was over, THEN I could go to sleep.

RockStar and AmericanRockFan like this.