Protected Player List Available

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

The Bandits protected player list for the upcoming expansion draft is below. Interestingly, they did not protect a goalie.
    http://www.nll.com/news/nll-announces-protected-player-lists-ahead-of-expansion-draft/

Protected:
    Brownell Kevin (Defense)
    Byrne Josh (Offense)
    DeSnoo Mitch (Defense)
    Durston Jordan (Offense)
    Evans Shawn (Offense)
    Hoggarth Thomas (Defense)
    Jones Mitch (Offense)
    Martin Justin (Defense)
    Priolo Steve (Defense)
    Smith Dhane (Offense)
    Weiss Nick (Defense)

Available:
    Acton Reid
    Bennett Matthew
    Bridle Dallas
    Buque Alex
    Cosmo Anthony
    Diruscio Davide
    England Craig
    Fournier Ryan
    Fraser Chase
    Harris Vaughn
    Herreweyers Zach
    Higgins Zach
    Kedoh-Hill Alex
    Malloy Dylan
    O’Brien Bill
    Reid Zac
    Schott Ethan
    Steenhuis Mark
    Wagner Ryan
    Will Adam

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

Only major surprise is goalies. Then again, not sure it matters.
    Maybe Buque goes to San Diego instead of Fraser.
    Hoping Harris stays as well.

3. Rick716

I hope Harris stays also. I get the feeling that Higgins, Buque, and Diruscio are pretty much interchangeable and their performance is more dependent on the defense in front of them. Buque was exciting to acquire at first and he may still be solid, but statistically there was basically no difference last year between him and Higgins. I'd be open to giving the Big Fish a real shot also.

4. Rick716

5. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’d hate to lose Harris or Fraser but what are you gonna do. Any one of the goalies can go, who cares.

6. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Obviously the Bandits feel the same way you do.

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

My guess is that the Bandits lose Fraser and England (if the detached retina is healed). I just don't think they lose 1 of the goalies with Scigliano and Bold out there, and I don't see the Seals or Wings taking 2 goalies with their 9 picks.

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Yeah, If there's a serviceable runner who's willing to report, you're probably right that neither team takes two goalies........You can't even really quantify how much better any of the goalies left unprotected would be than the goalie you can just sign after the first round of training camp cuts, so, grab a runner that can play and use a third round entry draft pick for your PS goalie.

This said, it sounds like Bold is setting up a business where he is, so, you have to wonder if his response to being drafted might be "GFY, I'm sitting out".

9. Rick716

Will the expansion draft be broadcast/streamed anywhere?

10. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

We lose Harris and DiRuscio in the draft.

11. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

We reacquire Harris from Wings in exchange for Zac Reid.

We also trade Ethan Schott and 2nd round pick (#17) to Seals for Bryce Sweeting.

12. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Glad to have Harris back. Possible over payment for Sweeting if the rumors about work commitments getting in the way are true. I did not think we had a second rounder this year. I thought we traded that pick to the Swarm to draft Schott last year.

13. Rick716

My reading of this is that Harris is not back. On the draft the commissioner said Reid was traded in exchange for the Wings taking Harris in the draft. In Chuggers’ press release he thanked all four (Reid, Harris, Schott, and DiRuscio) for their time in Buffalo.

14. RockStar

that's an odd deal......wonder who the wings were fixing to pick that necessitated such a move

15. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Very strange indeed. Maybe one of the goalies? That might explain picking DiRuscio over Buque or Higgins.

16. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Oops, the Wings were looking to take Fraser so they sent Reid to them in order to take Harris instead.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  17. RockStar

yeah, pieced that together from a few sources......maybe both GMs can call this a small win......Day still needs a shipload of NLL defencemen, but at least he came out of today with a guy that might count as one of those, plus a decent two way prospect.

Bandits keep the prospect that they were higher on.

18. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Glad we were able to keep Fraser, I think he takes a big leap next season. Worth sending them a random run of the mill guy to keep him.

19. Rick716

I'm glad they kept Fraser also. I wanted to keep the Big Fish as I think he's a good personality that I wanted to root for. The fact that neither team took Buque tells you they're not sold on him either. I wonder if Buffalo pursue any other goalies (if there's even any one out there). I'm thinking they're best bet is probably to shore up the defense and give it another go with Buque and Higgins. Even if they are average, they have to be better with a better defense in front of them.

20. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It looks like Bold is a UFA.....would Buffalo fly him in to be in the mix with Buque and Higgins? Getting Sweeting from the Seals and then likely adding McKay and Gillray (if Chugger doesn't make a move for Austin Staats if Staats is declaring from the draft) would really upgrade the defense. They would be young but their futures are big.