Questions

Discussion in 'Ask a Titan - Ryan Boyle' started by OldPtboBoy, Jan 27, 2010.

1. OldPtboBoy

OldPtboBoy Canadian Content

Any pre game/ game day superstitions? Who ties your sticks? Are your sticks tuned up for each game? or do you leave well enough alone until it starts to under perform?

2. JSap

JSap Administrator

FYI - I only moved this to a new thread to keep the questions in separate threads - thanks for the questions!

3. Ryan Boyle

Ryan Boyle Orlando Titans

I used to be much more superstitious, especially in High School and College, than I am now. I used to have to wear the same clothes, eat at the same restaurant, etc. After playing in thousands of games, I think I have now convinced myself that your on-field performance actually determines who wins the game.

That being said, I still have some pre-game mannerisms that some may call abnormal, but I consider them to be part of my "routine" instead of superstitious.

I always take the bed closest to the door at the hotel. Matt Alrich always takes the far one.

I take a pre-game shower at the arena.

I chew gum during games. One piece for the first half and one for the second half. Trident Splash peppermint is flavor of choice.

As far as my sticks go, I have had several guys string them up over the years- Lawson Grumbine, Eric Martin, Matt Zash, Jimmy Butler. I take care of them but I'm not super protective like some guys in the league.

4. Ryan Boyle

Ryan Boyle Orlando Titans

Oh, I guess I do have one weird thing.

I don't wear socks for games.