Rangers/Knicks are MOVING!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by RockyNY, Jul 25, 2013.

1. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

Just found some new information regarding this situation. Please remember this is hearsy but it does make sense when you think of it. I have no evidence but more I think of it, its started to make sense after all.

Everyone in NYC are in shock about the news of 10 years lease that MSG got from City after nearly one billion dollars major renovation that was done to the arena. MSG applied for LIFETIME LEASE in which was rejected by city and turn it into 10 years against MSG wishes.

We know Dolan have track record of screwing people around including the city and state. It seem to me that City havent forgiven HIM for what he did in 2005 when he blocked Jets from moving, thus costing city, million of dollars and thousand of jobs. The City and State is still annoyed that Dolan have abused the power by taking away some certain cable channels when things are not done in his way. Cablevision, his cable company, cumstomers ARE FORCED to watch what HE LIKES not what WE WANT. We want
    NFL Network and he doesnt show it. Not sure if he still do to this day. He blocked YES Network for 18 months. He took aay CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, CW and PBS (as well as free channels) away from us.

So, how do city respond to this? By screwing him over with 10 years lease and start the hearsay rumors that MSG are being told to MOVE. But will they?

One person who told me, I am taking this as grain of salt, because I think it make sense, after all, is that city is looking for PAYOUT in which Dolan will be forced to pay the city and state, some certain amount of money (could be in millions) in exchange for LIFETIME LEASE to keep MSG there. Im sure there is way around it to make milti-million dollars renovation to Penn Station while MSG is standing. This could be sign for Dolan to pay the city/state to help THEM pay for milti-million Penn Station Renovation so MSG can stay PUT.

It may make sense but I still think - it may be hearsay. Should I doubt this or not? Dolan is billionaire who tend to get things done in HIS WAY so now its time for City to screw him over and ASK HIM FOR MONEY to pay for the Penn Station Renovation, after what he has done to city in the past. He doesnt pay real estate taxes and whine about Yankees, Mets and Nets getting tax breaks when they build new stadium and arena.

Is this how City get money for this? I think so but again, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Roy

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

tell us again how dolan gets his way

if its not TK screwing the titans and dragons
    its dolan being a terrible human being

you need to move on from things you have zero control over

3. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

Oh Eric.. this has nothing to do with Titans and Dragons. You know that.

Its all about MSG now. If MSG do move, its not the first time. Moving MSG to different location in Manhattan will be their 5th.

You cant take the name - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - away since that name has been part of Manhattan thing since 1879. Are you going to take away that name that has been part of Manhattan for nearly 135 years? I dont think so.

Dont think Knicks and Rangers will move to Nassau Coliseum if Dolan win the bid. The Nassau County Government are horrible so I dont think they will approve Knicks/Rangers there. After all, they are the one that forced Islanders to move out. So why would they want them?

Anyway, this situation may help Brooklyn in great deal with Barclays Center but again, everyone want Knicks/Rangers in Manhattan at MSG so we, Brooklyn, can keep the rivals going with Nets/Islanders.

You dont have that since Philadelphia dont have two teams in same sports. :) NYC do.

Roy

4. reidjr

reidjr New Member

Part of the issue is they tell them they have to move but can stay if they pay millions for lifetime lease i am not sure how that will look to the public also if its true and the money is needed for Penn station that would make me a bit nervus i live in Ottawa and if the city went to Oseg which is the group behind the Cfl and Nasl team and said we need so much to fund light rail for me that would not seem right.

5. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

If MSG is forced to move, then business around that area will suffer in big deal. People who have been into that area before would understand that.

If MSG is to move to Jatvis Center (pardon my spelling), there is really nothing going on in that area per se. Thats why Jets wanted that area so badly to spice it up and create business AROUND IT.

City is still annoyed that Dolan spend 35 million dollars to block this from happening thus costing city millions. If it wasnt for Olympics, the "West Side Stadium: in which would be home for Jets could be use for Big Apple Coe Football. Wrestlemania could also be useful (instead at MetLife Stadium in NJ (they got 150 million dollars in revenues) and Winter Classic. Those things could have boost NYC. But Dolan screwed NYC out of that pot gold.

MSG currently sit in 2nd largest transit hub in NYC behind Grand Central in Times Square and ahead of Atlantic Ave where Barclays Center are. Do you really think Dolan would give that prime spot up because city tell them to move? This is City method of screwing Dolan to get million from HIM to pay for multi-million renovation of Penn Station. I believe that Penn Station can be renovated with MSG in the way but need money to get it done. HOW? This is how they do it, legally and loophole-wise.

Dolan doesnt pay real estate taxes and HE KNOWS that if he get new location for MSG, he will start paying real estate taxes. He doesnt want to do this, so this is the only way. Pay the city million dollars or get out.

Boston have arena sit on top of train station (North Station). Toronto have Union Station next to ACC. This should be no different anyway. Its just poly for city to get moneuy.

Remember, this is based on what my friend tell me, as he work for the city, but I cant reveal the position that he works for.

Roy

6. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

Based on twitter feed, Knicks/Rangers are NOT moving. Dolan is going to pay the city off like he always does.

He paid city off to prevent Jets from moving to Manhattan in 2005. This is why MSG is NOT suitable for any AFL and NLL because of HIM!!!

Roy

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So, 6 more years to find a new home for the Rangers and Knicks?

8. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

of course this article came from the FAILING NY TIMES

9. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Odds on this having been anyone OTHER THAN the guy who does the sign language during the mayor's speeches.

So did our Rocky Racoon ever get it right on any of his rants?

10. AmericanRockFan

I think he was partially correct on the Islanders moving to Brooklyn. Other than that.....meh.

11. swami24

Moving, but succeeding and not leaving, (which were a big part of the discussion on whether they should move there or not) no.

12. Vin

Vin Active Member

Well, here's the latest on that...
    https://www.longislandpress.com/2017/02/27/ny-islanders-eye-possible-move-move-to-elmont/

NY Islanders Eye Possible Move to Elmont

February 27, 2017

13. AmericanRockFan

That is where the NEW YORK COSMOS wanted to put their new stadium. New stadium in QUEENS would have given New York a THIRD MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER franchise and without TIM KELLY, or should I say HE WHO WILL NOT BE NAMED, ruining the team they could have been a SUCCESSFUL franchise having won THREE Soccer Bowl CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Sure the NEW YORK ISLANDERS might not have worked at the BARCLAYS CENTER like a certain FORMER user of this message board predicted but MAYBE just MAYBE they will WORK OUT FINE from their new home in BELMONT PARK next to the glorious THOROUGHBRED HORSE TRACK.

I was gonna make a longer post in "ROY TALK" but honestly I got bored rather quickly with this one.

14. swami24

Building another stadium in that region just makes no economic sense. 44 hockey dates, then what? I doubt their would be enough events to sustain 3 stadiums besides MSG. Plus, it's not like the Isles have that many fans to begin with.

15. Vin

Vin Active Member

Yeah, that would not be hard to sustain an arena there although, personally, I don't want an arena there. Isles have plenty of fans when they don't have a shitty arena to play in and are decent. No different than any other club.... except maybe the Maple Leafs.

16. AmericanRockFan

So, can anyone tell me which subway to take from Penn Station to Grand Central? These city subway maps are a bitch to read and I'm trying to plan my voyage home after Bellator's PPV at MSG next month...

17. swami24

Just get on a train and ask any of the freindly folks there to guide you to your destination:eek:

18. AmericanRockFan

After researching this junk for like 45 minutes at work, I think I finally got it....

19. Winger86

Winger86 Member

Google Maps, bro. There's a tab just for public transit.

mooseantlers likes this.
  20. AmericanRockFan

I'm a MapQuest sort of guy but thanks for the advice.