Request for CLA Forum and Forum Group Reorganization

Discussion in 'ILIndoor Forum' started by Vin, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Just as a case in point to illustrate the need:
    1. I was just researching who won the 2017 Mann Cup. Generally speaking, if I was to post a new Mann Cup thread, in what forum would I post? "BCLA Forum" or "OLA Forum"? The Mann Cup is the CLA Senior A Championship, so it straddles those two forums.
    2. I noticed that the NW Salmonbellies Wikipedia sight is woefully out-of-date and likely so are some other WLA and MSL websites. If I wanted to post a thread requesting help updating, do I initiate one thread in BCLA forum and one in OLA forum?
    3. What about all the other leagues that fall under CLA jurisdiction? For instance, RMLL. Sure, "Other Lacrosse" is acceptable, but threads related to RMLL or RMLL in relationship with other CLA entities could get lost in the cacophony of other "Other Lacrosse" threads.
    Basically, I'd like to see the following:
    1. Create a Canadian Lacrosse Association forum group.
    2. Within that group, create a CLA Forum.
    3. Remove the existing BCLA Forum and OLA Forum from within that "Non-NLL Lacrosse" forum group and move those two forums into the new Canadian Lacrosse Association forum group.
    4. Rename "Non-NLL Lacrosse" forum group to "Other Lacrosse".

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

You might be the only one who gives a **** about this lol

3. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

we have, like, 20 active posters......if there was just one forum, we'd get by somehow.

as for whether a Mann or Minto post goes in BC or Ontario, why not just pick one and crosse-post a link in the other.

that way, all six of us who sorta care can find it.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

The New Westminster thread goes in the BCLA forum because they're BC based.

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I know and, believe me, this has been gnawing at me for over a decade, but yesterday was a tipping point of sorts. I had disorder and inconsistency and poor planning without foresight. Yesterday, I was going through CLA Wikipedia sites and these need updating badly. I want to say "Can someone with knowledge please fix these?!", yet where should I post? It's not a big deal, but annoying.

6. agreed, however make that 21 active posters ;)....

i joined this forum a few months ago after reading some really intelligent (compared to facebook comments) dialogue and debate on lacrosse news.

i thought it would be busier and more posts (although the NLL is known for slow news)

Attached Files:

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

This board was way better back before the short-lived lockout of 2007/08 and before the board was sold to IL.

I feel like 2017 has been one of the better years in recent memory, although that might be my own bias because I followed the NLL as a whole more in 2017 than I have in several years, so I was able to have a better understanding and be more knowledgeable of the dialogue going on here, so I could contribute better.

8. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Problem with Wikipedia is any person knowledgeable or ignorant can post there. I "maintain" the page for the Canadian Lacrosse Hall of Fame and periodically have to go and clean up erroneous or inaccurate edits others have made - such as adding people who actually are not inducted into the CLHOF.

As for the Salmonbellies Wikipedia page, I cleaned up and created/rebuilt the yearly final-standings grids but haven't updated it since 2011.

Vin likes this.