Request for San Diego Seals Forum

Discussion in 'ILIndoor Forum' started by Vin, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

The team is official and, despite it not playing in the immediately upcoming 2017-2018 NLL season, the team needs its own forum.

Tom Wersderfer likes this.
  2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Well, the Georgia Swarm have been here for two years, and still don't have a single fan on here (that I know of), I don't think it's a rush to get the Seals forum up and running. :rolleyes:

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It would give a place for everyone here who is not a Seals fan to talk about the Seals. It would be like the Georgia forum.....no fans from Georgia there but at least it's a spot to talk about the team that's not the general NLL News and Rumors section.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

The reason people aren't here for Georgia is the same reason we don't have active fans for other teams: Our body count has dwindled.
    Who's active here? A half-dozen or so ghost-Wings fans, a few Bandits and KHawks and Rock fans.
    Being pro-active promoting this place would help bring some life to this place instead of us having the forum equivalent of a 55+ senior residence.

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i love you guys, and our discussions, but, other than occasionally sharing a thought, i am willing to put just about zero effort into looking after or saving this place.

we do need a seals forum eventually, but, until they hire a head coach and start planning for a draft, our (relatively quiet) NLL News and Rumours section probably has enough room

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

We have at least one fan who identifies himself as #NotMySwarm.

7. AmericanRockFan

Samesies. I'm at the point where I'm debating making a Facebook account just to post on team Facebook pages.

8. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

noooooooooo!

9. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

That's a shame in a way because this place is the repository of real-time NLL history in the 21st Century.

If some future sports historians were to do research on the early days of the National Lacrosse League, where would they go? Wikipedia? The league? - Yeah, that's going to be comprehensive and unbiased. Various archived newspaper stories that you gotta pay for?

What makes a message board such as this important is that we are all de facto sports journalists who have witnessed or discussed the NLL "events/opinions of the day". We have the first and second hand experience of these times in NLL history. There is only so much video or print media to go around. But, decades from now, even after we are gone, our voices at this board are the truest sort of raw data about this era of the NLL.

This is one of the reasons I will lift NLL articles from various media or post things "for posterity". It is our job as current fans to document this precious time in NLL history that we are privileged to live through so we can teach future fans about their distant or unlived historical past.

10. you'll regret it,

this forum harbors intelligent debate and people that actually seem to have some sort of knowledge of the game,

on facebook you'll get "im glad doyle retired, hasn't played in 2 years. Old. Broken. he sucked anyways good riddance"

11. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

I second the Seals request and would love the Philly forum to move back to the active team one. I for one want to discuss the expansion process, even if SD doesn't have fans yet.

12. AmericanRockFan

This reminds me of a comment I got from a fellow Rock fan at a game in 2016, when we were seeing a very broken down version of Doyle on a bad team. The guy told me something like "what the **** kind of leader is Doyle? He can't get anything going!" and I just wanted to raise my voice and unleash some violence on that moron.

Now, having self-righteously said that, I do skim through the Rock's Facebook page on occasion and.... I have to exit out of the page before I lose my **** more often than not. Makes me wonder how many people think I'm spewing nonsense when I speak :eek:

13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I contacted the Seals recommending establishing a link to the NLLMB from their website so, perhaps, we can educate and make some new hardcore fans in San Diego as that franchise comes on-line.

14. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I Along with Eric Schultz of the pwfc have been in contact with jsap, he's unable to add the new sub forum because after the system upgrade he lost administer log In powers to adjust that type thing

The information has been passed along

15. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

We have to keep this place going. Mods need to update the forums. Honestly the way to go is to get league buy in and advertising the opportunity to discuss this league in an open manner. If new fans go to the league site and see a fan forum, it will,only help the league. ILLacrosse should push.

16. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I don't want to say that IL is worthless - it's not - but this forum is the black sheep of their family.
    They don't promote it in any way (they used to in Inside Lacrosse magazine) and it's difficult to navigate between here and any IL asset.
    It's a shame really because this forum is an asset - and can substantially be more so - for IL, box lacrosse, and the NLL.

EDIT: Seriously, from this webpage, without going to the Address Bar in a browser, how can one navigate to ILIndoor.com, let alone IL.com? Makes me wonder if the real admins here are field snobs or something...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  17. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Seriously:
    1. "IL Indoor" is just some section of IL, but at least there is some type of link to it from the IL homepage.
    2. There is an NLL link.
    3. And there is a link to Forums... but that is IL's original forums before they bought the NLLMB.

We are the Bigfoot of Lacrosse Message Boards.
    No one would know we existed unless they accidently came across it.
    Wonderful of IL to alienate the faithful... IL: This is one reason why I cancelled my subscription this past year and stopped giving out gift subscriptions.

18. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i hear you on the historical value, but....truth be told, if i couldn't search this place to find historic box lacrosse factoids to read and post about, i would just find a different way to waste my (decidedly un-precious) free time.

still, amazed at the lack of cross links between IL's main set of assets and this.

less surprised that teams and NLL shun it......they cant control it, and, in this day and age where everyone has the right to be offended about everything, you want to be very careful about which links you share with your patrons.

19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I wrote IL about the lack of internavigational capabilities between IL Indoor Forums and the rest of IL.

Frankly, if I had the money and free-time, I'd buy this site to free it from the neglect of IL and then run it like real NLL/CLA/box fans should.

I wonder how much John got for it...

20. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

As for searching here, you have to be careful - not as easy as in the old days.
    However, you also can do a Google site search. However, Google changed its algorithms so now its site search borders on being worthless.