RIP Chris Benoit

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by WingsNut423566, Jun 25, 2007.

1. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, (woman in ECW) and son were found dead earlier tonight in there Atlanta GA Area home.

2. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

this is very sad to fans in edmonton as Chris is from here and was at the RUSH game during the winter.

WOW that is very hard news to take

2 wwe people in one week ( sensational sheri was the other to die in the past 7 days)

maybe vince should not have faked his demise !!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  3. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

They are saying it appears to be a murder-suicide, that he killed his wife and son on Sun. and himself today. For all you old timers that remember the four horsemen Chris' wife was the Valet known as " Woman "

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2007
  4. Tom Wersderfer

Tom Wersderfer Active Member

Nancy used to be married to Kevin Sullivan when he was a heel (bad guy) down south and she was his valet using the name "Fallen Angel". She always wore a hood so you could never really see what she looked like back then.

She left Sullivan for Benoit and when both Kevin Sullivan (as a booker) and Benoit were in WCW together there was a lot of heat between them because of Nancy. That's one of the reasons that Benoit left WCW for WWE.

5. Ronin

Ronin New Member

After following the guy's career for over a decade and hearing nothing but compliments about his personality and how he valued family, honor, and respect above all else, I just can't fathom the possibility that he did such a thing.

When I used to watch pro wrestling, he was always my favorite wrestler (next to Raven, but that's mostly because he got his start in the Pac NW back in the day and I remember watching him when I was a kid). I was blown away when I heard what happened...I'm going to be absolutely gutted if it turns out he did do this.

But I will give him the benefit of the doubt until an official report can be filed...this is all just speculation at this point.

6. WingsPhanatic107

WingsPhanatic107 New Member

This off of WWE.com

Benoit's death part of a double murder-suicide

Written: June 25, 2007

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Texas, and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

7. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

something is really wrong in pro wrestling

the number of tragedies is truly amazing over the years. if this was any other business, you would be locking it down. the ring action maybe staged but i wish what went outside the ring was fake as well.

8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

steroid rage/depression...............

9. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

Dollars to donuts.

10. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Wasn't he recently written out of WCW/WWE? That may have been the stressor if the investigation does discover it was a DM/S...

11. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

Apparently strangled his wife and smothered his son then hung himself. The authorities are looking into the possibility of steroids playing a role in the tragedy. " Roid-Rage " :confused:

12. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Not that I know of…
    I haven’t watched in years, but all reports I’ve been reading say he was supposed to win the ECW championship on Sunday before he cancelled.

There’s supposed to be a press conference today (I’ve heard both at 1:00 and 3:00, so I’m not sure which one it is,) so hopefully there will be some light shed on this.

13. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

I thought he was wrestling MVP for the U.S. championship but I could be wrong. The News said he had been sending " bizarre" text messages to others in WWE which is why someone finally called police to do a wefare check at his home on Mon. He was found hung in the weight room of the home, no mention of where in the home his wife and son were found.

14. CowtownLAXGirl

CowtownLAXGirl New Member

Another report states that his wife was found in the home's office... the son in an upstairs bedroom.

15. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

I am going by A.B.C. news. we will probably know more after the news conference scheduled for later today. Till then we won't know what is true and what is conjecture. You are probably hearing more being in his home then we are being in the States.

16. HollywoodDougie

HollywoodDougie New Member

This story gets more bizzare as it goes. The toxiology reports won't come out for another two weeks and then we may find out what caused Chris to do this to Nancy and Daniel. Gut feeling is that drugs/steroids has to play a part in this.

17. WingsPhanatic107

Preliminary reports/rumors that are circulating are this...When he arrived to do a show Saturday night in Texas the night before the PPV, he received a call from Nancy to rush home as something was wrong with there son. When he arrived he seen his son dead from Nancy smothering him, then he obviously snapped and strangled her then hung himself. In 2003 she filed for divorce and asked for a restraining order for domestic violence, or threat of, as they say police records show no record of Chris commiting domestic violence. Guess we will see when the news conference is held and when the toxicology reports are released. Curious to see what ECW does tonight.

18. thrillis

thrillis New Member

now this makes things start to come together and make sense.

19. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Well, I watched most of the press conference on CNN.com (in 3 minutes spurts before having to clear the cache and come back; f*ck CNN for that, by the way) and it looks like he did it all.
    Apparently asphyxiation is the cause of death for both Nancy and Daniel. Nancy was found with her ankles and wrists bound, Daniel was found in his bed. A bible was left next to each body.
    Chris was found in his hanging in his basement weight room, having fashioned a noose out of the one of the weight cords from one of his machines.
    No word on a motive, but I hope something comes to light.

I wish the above report was true, but according to the police, it would be impossible as Nancy was presumed killed Friday and Daniel was believed to have been killed Saturday morning.

I’m just totally floored….

20. WingsPhanatic107

Like I said they were prelim's/rumors...I wish it didnt happen at all, at least for the son, what did he do to deserve his punishment? for that matter what did anyone do to deserve it. Life is to precious. I agree with how they ended RAW last night... Always take time out to tell your loved ones how much you love them, you never know when it will be the last.

R.I.P Chris, Nancy, Daniel