RIP Chris Benoit

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by WingsNut423566, Jun 25, 2007.

1. mightymouth

mightymouth New Member

According to this they are looking at "Roid Rage".

Killed wife on Friday, then son on sat night.

Murder

2. HollywoodDougie

HollywoodDougie New Member

From WWE.com

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting

Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

3. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Absolute bullcrap, but what would you expect from an organization that makes the ridiculous seem true.

1. One news report said that a legal anabolic steroid prescription was found.

2. This is like saying that a .40 blood alcohol level could not have been the cause of death, since the person died in a car accident. But athorities are not certain if the driver was concious at the time of the accident.

3. They say another party administered the test, fine, but unless it's random and taken on a surprise date, it's useless. And April is long enough ago to get fully going again.

4. They pick on Roid rage, but ignore the side effects of mood swings, suicide, anxiety, depression, etc............

5. Blah blah blah. They cleary explain that they do not know they fact, yet they clearly state that steroids are NOT the cause. How can you state the cause wasnt' soemthing, when you state you DON'T know what the cause was?

Roids may not be invoilved. But this statement is just absurd grandstanding.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  4. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

According to the reports there was no note left so as to why we probably will never know. One thing is for sure , something made him snap. He spent the whole weekend with the corpse' in the home. Even if they find steroids in his system, they can only say it MAY have been a contributing factor. Like I said we will never know the WHY.

5. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

with the news of benoit's death the wwe has postponed the western canada tour .

edmonton fans are very upset :( as they wanted to make the night at rexall a

special tribute to chris as did the fans along with the hart family in calgary :( .

at least mc mahon came out of hiding ( and his faked death :confused: ) to pay

tribute to chris the other night.

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

too obvious

he was nuts

7. AP

AP New Member

Monday night's debacle was bad enough. To pay any kind of tribute to Benoit at any future event would be an absolute slap in the face to all victims of domestic violence.

So he showed up to a Rush game and is from the West and people knew him. Big deal. He murdered a woman and a 7-year old boy, and that deserves to be all that remains of his legacy.

He's no better than OJ or Rae Carruth.

8. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

That is crap he is a double murderer!!!! The WWE should be taken off the air for running a tribute to him, and any fan who wants to to do any tribute to him other than pissing on his corpse......well that must be why they have an iq of a WWE fan

10. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Yes he is at least he killed himself

11. mightymouth

mightymouth New Member

Mike in all fairness at the time of the tribute it was not released that it was a murder suicide. But I agree anyone calling for a future tribute is nuts.

12. Wing Eater

Wing Eater Active Member

They had no idea that he was the one who killed them when they taped the segments. It was only later in the day that the details came to light. I'm sure as it came close to air time that they knew, but it might have been given to the USA network by then and out of their hands. That is another question that will come to light later I'm sure.

13. BARKS DAWG

BARKS DAWG Active Member

actually the score yesterday announced that they were not going to replay the tribute show from monday night due to the results of the investigation.

that was a good call on their part.

14. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

The text messages that he sent were enough to alarm people. They were the reason the police were called to check the home. There had to be some inkling that he went off otherwise why be alarmed enough to send the police? Someone knew that he was spiriling down or why worry? I think they had to know that he was somehow involvewd when they did the tribute.

15. WingsPhanatic107

WingsPhanatic107 New Member

here is the full timeline.... seems nancy was trying to call for help, or maybe it was chris doing that on both phones. you would of thought something so out of content would throw a flag up...

Detailed WWE/Benoit timeline
    Written: June 26, 2007Below is a detailed WWE/Chris Benoit timeline from Saturday to Monday:

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE SmackDown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm
    A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm
    The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm
    Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

4:30pm
    A co-worker who consistently travels with Benoit, called Benoit from outside Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the co-worker that Nancy was throwing up blood and that Daniel was also throwing up. Benoit thought they had food poisoning. Benoit stated he changed his flight and he would be arriving into Houston at 6:30pm. Benoit told the co-worker to drive onto the WWE event.

5:35pm
    Benoit called WWE Talent Relations stating that his son was throwing up and that he and Nancy were in the hospital with their son, and that Benoit would be taking a later flight into Houston, landing late, but would make the WWE live event in Beaumont.

6:10pm
    A representative of Talent Relations called Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations asked Benoit what time Benoit was getting into Beaumont. Benoit responded he was leaving Atlanta at 9:20pm Eastern time arriving into Houston at 9:24pm Central time. The representative from Talent Relations advised Benoit that it would be too late to make the WWE live event in Beaumont. Benoit apologized citing he had a family emergency. The representative from Talent Relations suggested to Benoit that instead of going to the WWE live event in Beaumont, Benoit should take the flight to Houston, rest up and be ready for the Vengeance Pay-Per-View event.

6:13pm
    The representative from Talent Relations called Benoit to reconfirm the travel plans with no answer from Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations left a voice message to take the flight and rest up.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Text messages sent to co-workers from Chris Benoit and Nancy Benoit’s cell phones:

Text Message 1
    Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
    When: 6/24 at 3:53am from
    Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 2
    Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
    When: 6/24 at 3:53am
    Message: The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open

Text Message 3
    When: 6/24 at 3:54am
    Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 4
    When: 6/24 at 3:55am

Text Message 5
    Sent to: A Co-Worker who consistently traveled with Benoit
    When: 6/24 at 3:58am
    Message: My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

WWE made several attempts to contact Benoit via phone and text messages, as well as, the local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 pm Sunday night there was no contact made with Benoit.

Monday, June 25, 2007

12:30pm
    WWE was notified of text messages sent to the two co-workers.

12:45pm
    WWE contacted the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office and requested them to go to Benoit’s
    residence

4:00pm
    WWE received a call from the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office, advising that they entered
    the house of Benoit and found 3 deceased bodies (a male, a female and a child). The Fayette County Sheriff’s office has secured the house as a “major crime scene” and that the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office had no further information.

16. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Police are reporting that steroids were found in the house, to me, that means you have to prove the WEREN'T involved in creating his state of mind.

17. reidjr

reidjr New Member

No there is no way they could have known.Peoples when they can send text or call if there a hostage etc.

18. Hopkins45

Hopkins45 New Member

You know what I don't have respect for him, If he wanted to kill himself fine, but don't kill your wife & especially don't kill your kid. I don't care if I was hopped up out of my mind on roids or drugs, I would never hurt my kids ever!(no I don't have kids, I'm just saying if I did, people who know me reading this"going Dave has kids, I didn't know that")

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2007
  19. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

What I mean is , it worried people enough to have the law check the house. Chavo Guerarro said his last conversation with him wasn't quite right. There were signs but they weren't acted upon until Mon.

20. Pythia

Pythia New Member

You know, I think WWE Is full of $*it in many regards, but I actually agree with them on this, he may have been on steroids, true, but I'm nearly positive this wasn't "'roid rage" This was obviously somewhat premeditated, nancy was tied up, Daniel killed a DAY later in his bed, he lied and made up stories BEFORE they were dead as why he couldn't make showes, ect as well as purposfully telling people he loved and cared about them. Roid rage causes you to become angry and passoniate and emotional, this doesn't appear to be that, f it was he would have probably killed Nancy and daniel simotaniously, and more than likely call somebody sobbing about what he did and kill himself immediatly after, t seems WAY to delibrate to be "Roid rage" something else was going on in that man's head, but we'll probably never know. it's a shame all around.