RIP Chris Benoit

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by WingsNut423566, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Great, now the board lawyers are involved...*sigh*...there goes the neighbourhood...

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Understandably so, 10 years later the WWE continues to erase Chris Benoit from their history. I will so though, I was impressed (if that's the word for it) that they had a picture of him in the recent edition of the WWE Encyclopedia I was looking through at Barnes and Noble and actually had a decent bio on him.

If you go on the WWE Network and search for his matches, nothing pops up. But his matches are still on every show that had him on it, they just don't publicize it.

For what it's worth, this sad incident actually did facilitate a lot of change in regards to the promotion's wellness programs.

3. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

I've heard lots of evidence that Benoit may not have done it.. They may be just conspiracy theories but the fact is, he died, he never got his day in court so all the evidence was never presented. Don't you think it would be very plausible that if a loving father like him as he was known to be, would commit suicide if he came across his wife and son murdered? I think it is unfortunate that they've completely erased him from history. I'm not saying put him in the HOF (lots of guys, Chavo and Kurt I can remember stating in am interview) said that would be too tough, but at least make note of his achievements in the business.

4. AmericanRockFan

I heard those conspiracy theories too but Nancy Benoit's sister was on Chris Jericho's podcast last year and I believe she confirmed that Benoit did indeed do it based on the evidence that she was provided with.

I will say that one thing that always stuck out to me was Bill Apter saying on Jericho's show that he can understand a husband murdering a wife because sometimes couples get angry at each other, things escalate and that happens. But he said he could never understand what could have driven Chris to kill Daniel based on the love and admiration he had for Daniel. I guess we'll never know though.

I saw the house in Fayetteville where they lived sold, understandably so, for $400,000 under market value after the incidents.

5. mooseantlers

mooseantlers Guest

That's an immensely messed up thing to say! What was Jericho's response to that?

6. AmericanRockFan

Jericho agreed. Apter wasn't saying he was justifying anything in the least, he was just saying that he understands how anger unfortunately escalates during a fight and sometimes things like that ultimately happen.