Rock at Swarm

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by 9SQUIRE3, May 20, 2017.

1. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

uhhhh Miller is not looking good so far....

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Swarm already with 9, Manning's offence is about to do its third period vanishing act, so they're a Longshot to even score 10, let alone enough additional to catch whatever the swarm score.

It's over, time to bring out the lumber and the knuckles.

3. New Fan

New Fan Member

Totally surprised at the decision to not start Rose. Lasted 10 minutes with 5 goals against on 9 shots.

4. RockStar

That's a forking major?

5. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

That did not look like a 5 min penalty to me. So crappy to have that called so close to the end

6. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

I want to see the replay again. Looked like shoulder to shoulder

7. RockStar

Yeah.....Lintner is about three apples tall.....no way there is real head contact

8. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

I agree but Georgia deserved this win, however bad the call.

I'm fed up with the Rock's second half scoring droughts. Hope some changes are made to coaching and personnel. Pretty sure they won't be. How long before the Rock let mediocrity rot them out of business?

9. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

Hellyer should be back next year

10. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

They'll still have a **** poor left side attack to deal with and mediocre offensive coaching. Hellyer's a step in the right direction but not a complete answer.

11. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

Either way it was a big improvement over last year. Happy they made it this far!

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Concurred. Had you told me before the year they'd finish .500 sans Hellyer AND make it this far, I'd have happily taken it. It does kinda suck to have the year end this way after the 4-1 start where they were really clicking and firing on all cylinders.

On that note, I want them to retain Sawyer as head coach, and this really shouldn't be a topic of discussion unless someone like Derek Keenan or Ed Comeau somehow beyond me becomes available. But on the other hand, I would like to see Blaine Manning replaced as offensive coach. I'm not really sure who I'd replace him with, but I'd like to see him replaced but possibly retained as some sort of consultant if he's up for that.

13. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Member

A positive attitude's admirable these days. There's plenty of time for grousing later.

14. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

I
    I feel like the rock have a history of canning former players who are coaches and then they go on to do Pretty well with other teams. The swarms d looked good headed by laddy.

Anyways I don't know if canning manning would do anything. I would be sad to see him leave the organization. It is easy to pin things on a coach but the players have to perform.

15. RockStar

agree. to put it all into perspective, they were missing their best attacker and they still improved to .500 and showed flashes of more potential than that.

Sawyer has earned another year.

the defense was mostly solid , Codd has earned another year.

Im waffling on Manning.....the biggest problem is a lack of NLL level depth at lefty attack.......there is only so much coaching you can do around this if the D coach is not going to let you have Brodie so you can play him out the front door.

they desperately need a big left body to create space and collect trash....like a Vitarelli.

Leblanc can stay.

I think Reinholdt has earned a regular spot.

If they get the big body / picksetter / trash collector / get the ball out of the corner guy, then you can slash Macdonald and demote McArdle and Evans to fourth and fifth. If you have Hellyer working point, the ball will get to lefties that work hard at opportune times and maybe its all a bit better.

16. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

See, I agree with that notion too. I think having Hellyer back next year is gonna help a lot so I wouldn't be mad if Manning is back next year, I'm just in favor of replacing him if they're able to find some sort of clear upgrade.

17. RockStar

id love to have heard the conversations that led to Laddy being fired......i know they were 1-6 or whatever, but, other than one blowout, the attack was averaging something like 8 to 9.......I figure he may have been fired simply for the fact that it was easier than firing everyone else!

18. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

I kinda thought laddy being fired was for show. Who knows

19. RockStar

I figure he very bluntly stated some uncomfortable truths that everyone knew, but no one wanted to hear

20. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

A way of describing a major against your team that doesnt get you banned here?

Otherwise, putting three fingers up the chute?