Rock at Swarm

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by 9SQUIRE3, May 20, 2017.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I was a little surprised at the call....didnt see reckless or intentional head targetting.....just a greasy pick that rang the guy's bell a bit.

lacrosse play? Ill check the replay when they post it.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I have no inside knowledge but I kinda had this vibe as well. The bad start last year certainly wasn't his fault with the way that offense couldn't score to save their lives.

3. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

FYI Ladouceur is the Swarm's offensive coach. I know, right?

4. AmericanRockFan

Maybe it'll start a reverse psychology trend. Defenders coach the offense because they can better spot the defenders weaknesses, and vice versa.

For what it's worth, in baseball I've seen former catchers work as a pitching instructor after retirement for similar reasons.

5. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

I actually interviewed Laddy a couple of months ago and that's exactly what he said. He can't tell the Thompsons, Matisz, Hall, Staats, etc. how to score but he can tell them what the opposing defenders are doing and how to get around them.

RockStar likes this.
  6. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK SAYS THE REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY THING IS A GREAT IDEA AND THINKS THE ROCK SHOULD SIGN AN EX GOALIE TO BE THE OFFENSE COACH...OR BETTER YET, HAVE NICK ROSE COACH THE OFFENSE!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Rockymavis is going all caps like a certain Brooklyn Rocky.

dougm likes this.
  8. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK LIKES TO SPEAK LIKE A PRO WRESTLER AT ALL TIMES. WHEN I TALK, I WANT YOU TO PICTURE SOMEONE DOING A 1980s HULK HOGAN STYLE PROMO, BROTHER.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    smurf666 likes this.
  9. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Hogan was not without his charm, but, I always preferred Roddy Piper, Jesse Ventura, and Bobby the Brain for 80s promos.

10. AmericanRockFan

Personally, I was always a Sting fan back in the day, even if he never talked.

11. RockStar

my personal fave was Volkoff and Iron Sheik doing the Soviet anthem schtick, while being pelted with garbage and being told that Russia Sucks.....i dont think any heels have ever been more hated, before or since.

12. AmericanRockFan

I love the Iron Sheik on Twitter. To him, everything is either a "jabroni," an "intelligent jew" or it should "go **** itself."

13. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

hahaha i love how this thread just turned about wrestling

but interesting that laddy is offensive coach
    the logic makes sense

14. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

The sheik, like many of these guys was a pretty bright dude. Hated Piper. Liked the aerial moves of Superfly Snooka. My college roommates and I would watch the Gene Oakerand (sp?) Broadcasts and.just crack up. RIP George the Animal... lost interest when it went all.talk and no athleticism once it went big money.

15. RockStar

my favorite blood feud ever was the ~20 years ago duels between Mankind and The Rock......both fantastic actors and fighters and the physical punishment that both absorbed just to entertain jabronis like me was staggering

16. AmericanRockFan

One of my favorite feuds was the Diamond Dallas Page/Randy Savage feud in 1997 because it seemed like they legitimately hated one another, although from what I've heard they actually had a lot of appreciation for each other behind the scenes. The fact they even got Page's wife, who had just been published in Playboy involved, was amazing.

Another good feud was the Edge/Matt Hardy feud in 2005 because it was actually pretty legit. In real life, Edge had cheated with Hardy's girlfriend and Hardy was released from the company as a result (Edge was the bigger star of the two, and Hardy was legit injured so it was "easy" to get rid of Hardy). Months later they brought Hardy back and made a on-screen storyline of the whole thing since that was when the internet got wind of all the backstage stuff.
    Thus, one of my favorite promos ever happened. It gets "better" at the 1:48 mark

17. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

shane douglas had the right mic skills for the right promotion. he was the sound of ecw.

18. AmericanRockFan

That promo he cut after winning the ECW title in 1994 might be the best on screen shoot promo ever.

19. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

absolutely.

20. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

THE ARDSMORE AARDARK AGREES, SHANE DOUGLAS WAS THE ******* **** BACK IN THE DAY AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN TOUGH ****!