1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Rock scarves for Sports Cares?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Roadies Forum' started by KrazyKewl, Jan 11, 2009.

1. KrazyKewl

KrazyKewl New Member

I'm curious to know where I could have gotten one of those Rock scarves that I saw fans and players wearing after the game last night.
    Is there anywhere to purchase one online?

2. torrrock

torrrock New Member

They'll be on sale at the games ... Jare will be setting up a table (I believe at every game, but not positive about that) ... don't think they're available online, but Jare can answer that when he gets on here

Great scarves though ... awesome price (only $25!) and they are for a great cause!

3. KrazyKewl

KrazyKewl New Member

I honestly don't know when or if I'll be able to attend a Rock game this season so lets hope they will be sold online.

4. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

Actually...two great causes will benefit from this fundraiser by Jare & his bunch...:D

5. newlaxfan2

newlaxfan2 New Member

I think the money goes to two great causes: V's charity (I can't think of the name but I'm sure someone else out there can!) and Les' Fund.

6. KrazyKewl

KrazyKewl New Member

Anyone willing to pick one up for me and I'll send you a money order???
    Please?

7. newlaxfan2

newlaxfan2 New Member

KK -- I won't be at the next game but should be at one of the February games and can get one for you then if nobody else has picked one up for you before then.

8. KrazyKewl

KrazyKewl New Member

Thanks a lot :)
    Greatly appreciated!
    Lets hope they are still on sale by then.

9. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

The scarves will be on sale until at least after the charity game,

10. JareCanada

JareCanada New Member

You guessed it!!!

To answer the questions about the Rock Charity Scarves:

Just to start off these scarves would not be available without the help of Rockfinn, Brad Watters, Terri Workman, Coach Jim and Coach Clark, the office staff of the Rock, absolutely not without the continued support of the players and of course the Roadies!

How much?
    -Rock Charity Scarves at $25.00 (If you could have exact change when you get one at our tables that would be awesome.)

What for?
    -The sale of the Rock scarves benefit Jim Veltman's initiative "The Spirit of the Stick" and Les's Fund specifically Wellspring Cancer Support Centre.
    100% of the profits after manufacturing costs will be given to these two efforts.
    *More details on Spirit of the Stick to come, what I can say is something that Goddess and I are helping with.

Where can I get one?
    -Charity Scarf Tables will be at every game up to and until the Charity Game on Feb 20 or until supplies last.
    As it stands the Roadies and the partners and wives of the Rock players will be volunteering at the scarf tables before every game.

In the works.
    -Online purchasing is definitely being thought about.