Rose sucks the big skin bananna

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by rocklax#1, Feb 28, 2014.

1. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

I know he's not the best, and he's frustrating as hell to watch, but at least in years past except playoff game vs minny, he'd make a save when we needed him to or were building a comeback. but this year he's just been horrid,. anytime u need that key save he chokes. Im pretty sure I've never bashed Rosey on here before, but tonight was it for me. Bold was fighting it all night, but kept his team in it.

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Rush =best team in nll , welcome to the lose by 1 club

3. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

The only goal that Rose let in that was weak was the one from Conway from the outside others they were all from on top of the crease of PP goals.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Have to agree I've never been a huge Rose fan nor have I had anything really negative to say. But this year he has absolutely a factor in our record. In particular tonights performance. He looked very lost at times, positioning seemed off, and really did not move well.

5. rnsykes

rnsykes Active Member

If anyone is to blame, it's your defense. How many times did they leave an open man on the crease? And I'm sure Lovell is kicking himself for calling that timeout.

6. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

I dont think the defence was amazing but I felt they did have some really good moments and show signs of how good they really could be. Rose however has been fairly consistently poor in my opinion. I think the team as a whole needs work but shows potential. I dont see that from rose.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Well, all of the Rose-haters think he's supposed to hold the Bandits and Knighthawks to 10 or less, might as well make it the Rush too.......not like they're any good.

One stinker against Rochester. One stinky finale against Minnesota.

They ain't winning a title with this guy, but, they also don't really have F.A. that any team with a better goalie wants......we're stuck with him. Enjoy the ride.......and celebrate the fact that you may not have to buy a home playoff ticket to watch Joe Walters score from just about the centre line :eek:

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

It's sorta hard to stay with that guy when Labranche finally decides to hoop the whistle and not call illegal picks :D

Whatever. I figured this weekend was 0-2. They just took the best team in the league to the wall in their barn. I can live with this. Come on, 3rd in the east, baby!

9. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

I wouldnt say I am a rose hater I just think he is our weakest link. if our defence was a bit more consistent rose would probably be not to bad. However our d has not been consistent and I just think that if we had a little better goalie that can step up a bit more when the defence falters we would be in better shape. I felt tonight that I found myself more concerned then usual anytime our defence messed up or Edmonton just got good clean shots off. I didnt believe rose could be that goalie that makes the big saves when you really need them and let a few go by that shouldnt have.
    Honestly I think if the team all around was playing more consistent we could have a chance as champs even with rose. I think this is a much better team then we are seeing.

I dont think this was edmontons best game either.

10. RushFan22

RushFan22 New Member

I think Edmonton was off tonight. I also thought Rose was stellar! :rotfl:

11. Busterknoxville

Busterknoxville New Member

Rose isn't a top tier goalie, but I don't see any viable upgrade available. Miller only signed a 1-year deal.

Building a stronger & deeper D seems like a higher priority, but I can't see how they improve through trades.

The only area we have enough depth is O but those guys are either needed for our future, or too old to get value in return.

Maybe the Swarm could use Doyle's leadership? Would we get enough back to justify it?

12. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Neither of their goalies would be an upgrade over Rose.

13. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

If you're going to trade Doyle for a goalie, you better get Matt Vinc back. Nobody else would be even close to worth it.

14. Hollywood42

rose isnt bad but hes not watson
    its not as bad as going from eliuk to matt friggin roik

15. Wings-4-Life

I'm still hung up on the phrase "big skin banana".

16. Hollywood42

nicer then saying he sucks massive *****?

17. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

We already went from Watson to Matt Friggin Roik, remember?

18. Wings-4-Life

Surprisingly, results were similar as to what they were in Philly.

19. Hollywood42

oh wow i forgot about roiks stint up there
    no i remember the convo in the past of him being the fall guy twice after hall of fame franchise goalies

20. Wings-4-Life

If there's anyone who can handle that kind of pressure.... it's Matt Roik!