Rose sucks the big skin bananna

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by rocklax#1, Feb 28, 2014.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Staats goose-egged himself for the 3rd period after getting 2 misconducts throwing haymakers at a Rock player laying on the ground at the end of the 2nd. It was very Billy Dee Smith-like.

2. chuckster

Went to Game 6 of the MSL finals in Oakville on Saturday night and Rose looked pretty good, even in the loss. He faced 66 shots and gave up only 8 goals to a really good Lakers team but the Rock offense only dropped 7 on Vinc.

He didn't suck the big skin banana in that game.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

If anything, the big skin banana sucked Rose.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Frustrating to say the least.

I'll still hang half of the one goal loss on Rose - that failed clear in the first - he put it right in Cattoni's stick at about the NLL restraining line......dude just had to take like three steps and pick a corner. Rose is going to replay that one in his mind until NLL training camp starts.

The biggest part of the other half was not making the offensive possessions count - too many meh shots with better than 15 on the clock, and, not a great job collecting balls for second chances. Reminded me of the other Rock offence.....but, it is tougher to score with Peterborough's D working under OLA Killzone rules than it is in NLL.

5. chuckster

I forgot about that failed clear. He also got sucked into an Evans goal that Evans scored on a behind the back shot while Evans was cutting to the middle of the floor. That was a thing of beauty. But still, the Rock O had to step it up to help out Rose and couldn't do it.

The best was at the end of the 2nd period when Ian Llord went off the floor and then went back to the door and yelled something like "I'll f-in kill you" to Mike Accursi as Accursi was walking off the floor to go to the Rock dressing room. Accursi said something back and motioned with his hand to Llord to stop yapping. I don't know what brought that on but that's the kind of stuff you get exposed to in the small barns of the MSL that you would never hear in the cavernous NLL barns.

6. RockStar

I wasn't sure what set Llord off like that, or who he was yelling at, but, yeah, I love the sights and sounds of the summer. Wish they'd turn the music down a notch.

And, yeah, Evans sold the BTB perfectly..... I was sitting behind the goal when it happened - cut to the middle, pulled Rose off the short side post, and sniped it with the BTB on the run.

Can't defend that one because.....well....it's Evans and you obviously have to respect the forehand shot.

7. chuckster

It was definitely Accursi because there was no player or coach near him on the floor except for some of the kids who had just come onto the floor for intermission. I was sitting next to where the Lakers dressing room was at the TRAC so I saw it plain as day who Llord was yapping at (unless Llord was trying to trash talk a 7 year old).

8. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

9. AmericanRockFan

Get ready for some serious banana split action in 2019. I can't wait for all these jabronis on Facebook to start spewing nonsense such as "Riley Hutchcraft would've stopped that" :D

10. chuckster

When does the Nick Rose Isn't Good Anymore thread start? :p

Hutchcraft didn't have a good year in Junior A this past year.

11. AmericanRockFan

In that case, I’ll see stuff more on par with “should’ve signed Matt Vinc.”

12. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Those most likely to start that thread would argue he was never good. At best, he's the 4th or 5th best goalie in the league. Good enough for a team with decent O and D. That doesn't describe the Rock.

Worse, Hutchcraft has little NLL experience and it takes a few seasons for most goalies to adjust to the seniors. He'll likely be a sieve for a while. My guess is that the Rock start Rose as often as possible and live with the result.

For a team that can't score, they'll have a lot to live with :(

13. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

14. RockStar

i am hoping Hutch can get a few road starts this year, because.......well, Id love to get an idea of what we actually have there. He looked good in preseason last year.....I was actually hoping he got the backup gig to let him get a year's jump on development.

still dont know what we have, but, at least we did not lose him to expansion, which I really feared........considering there wasn't a lot of bright spots on the 2018 Rock to get an expansion side excited.

15. chuckster

Apparently.......Davide Diruscio > Riley Hutchcraft :eek:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  16. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

TIME TO BRING PHIL WETHERUP OUTTA RETIREMENT, COCKSUCKAS.

RockStar and IAmDroot like this.
  17. AmericanRockFan

I feel like "hung" is a strange term to use in a thread about big skin banana suckage.