Roughnecks Re-Sign Curtis Dickson to multi-year deal

Discussion in 'Calgary Roughnecks Forum' started by R.J, Jan 12, 2019.

1. R.J

R.J Guest

2. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Well, they folded and signed the Dark Hole to a multi year contract. Team was playing well without him. However, Mr. Lacrosse back in lineup tonight and Necks got stomped 16-10 at home tonight. Rhys Duch who was on a roll, but only 5 shots on goal and no goals, just as predicted with Dickson in the lineup. Mr. Dark Hole took 16 shots on goal with zero goals. Duch will never see the ball with Dickson in the lineup. Never seen such a selfish player as Dickson.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

No goals on 18 shots. Solid effort.

fandit and RockStar like this.
  4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

After Duch looked like he was happily starting the first days of his new life this season, I figured Dickson was certain to be put on the Sit-And-Rot list while they worked like mad to get the Berg deal done.

Now they have two shoot-first righties that need the ball.

This is going to suck for a while, I think.

Really just mad at myself for not changing my pick of Calgary in the pick'em after I read about the signing......bringing a new alpha into a situation that is kind of working well never works at first.

5. R.J

R.J Guest

Shawn Evans comes to mind. Sure he'll pass the ball, so long as he gets primary assist.

Dickson is without question a talented player which I think helps his team, but his selfishness also hurts his team. If it were me, I'd have signed Berg first, butI still expected Dickson to sign.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I wonder if this went the other way......Calgary was winning without Dickson in the lineup and Dickson decided to take the last offer made because he was losing leverage.

7. R.J

R.J Guest

Wouldn't surprise men if this were true.

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

2 things: I wouldn’t be shocked if Dickson signed because he was losing leverage, and also losing at least 5 figures in his bank account for the year if he didn’t sign soon - which is probably a good chunk for someone in the NLL.

Second, I know on paper the team should be better with Dickson in the lineup, but how long will it take him to get back into the groove? I’d just worry about it ruining team chemistry in the interim.

9. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

Chemistry was ruined the moment he signed the contract.

10. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

wacklax, agree with you 100%. It’s all about Dickson and his ego. He’s not a team player and surprised he can get his swelled head into his helmet.

11. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

With Dickson in the lineup the last 3 games they go with 3 straight losses. Talk about chemistry being disrupted. I think another big factor on the Roughnecks is Del Bianco. Super athletic goalie who has now given up 16, 14 and 12 goals. Wondered at some point would the O guys begin to figure out his weakness, up top. While he is unstoppable when shooting at his feet he is highly susceptible up top. At only 5 10" he gives up lots of space over the shoulder. On another note, so happy for Frankie Scigliano who is having a great season in San Diego. You can see his confidence is back, likely due to great coaches who believe in him. He must be so thrilled not to be under the ranting HC in Calgary, somewhat like Mike Poulin.

12. RockStar

Roughnecks just ruined my perfect week of pick 'em.....

should've known better, I just figured that Calgary had already played, and, would have travelled Friday night or Saturday morning and had a full day to acclimate to Denver before a game with a weak-ish opponent.

Glad the Mammoth fans saw a solid win.....those that are still there deserve it.

As mentioned, with a solid start, and Duch fitting into the Dickson role better than Dickson in those games, I figured you put a push on Berg, and, then try to work a sign-and-trade for Dickson, and, if there's no takers, let him rot......

13. RockStar

If you're going to take 15 a game, you'd better score 2 or 3 a game.

Last night's box score - 8 shots on goal, 7 more off goal, one goal.

Season total is even more depressing - 47 shots and 2 goals to show for it.

Better hope this guy gets his mojo, because, that's a lot of touches that other guys might do more with.....and some of those guys will be younger and with upside.....

14. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Weekend shots for Dickson, 16 shots on goal and 13 shots off goal with 2 goals.

15. AmericanRockFan

Curtis Dickson isn’t good anymore.

chuckster and RockStar like this.
  16. R.J

R.J Guest

Hmm, I should retract my previous statement of the signing being a good move... Dickson has clearly screwed with the team’s chemistry, and his selfish shooting ways is limiting opportunities.

17. AmericanRockFan

Sounds like Dick Curtson has done to the Roughnecks chemistry what William Nylander did to the Leafs' chemistry.

RockStar likes this.
  18. RockStar

Nylander! Gomez production for Bergeron money! :(

Last year he comes into the season looking to show well for a contract year. 20 goals / 61 points, good for like 80th percentile. Not bad!

But....... he comes in like a prima donna looking to be paid like the lower end of a top 50 guy's salary such as Bergeron, or Pasternak.........and he gets the money, and, in the last six weeks he's producing something closer to a Gomez pace than even the meh pace of his best season..........

I have a lot of faith in Dubas, Shanahan and Babcock, but, damn! This looks like a pre-cap era signing by a team that can afford to paper over it, not a team that has to figure out a way to keep Marner and Matthews, maybe Gardiner, AND a competitive second half of the team with all of them.

Agree, Dickson is the tier three budget league version of Nylander so far.

19. R.J

R.J Guest

Oh man, don’t even get me started on Nylander’s overinflated contract. Heck, I think the Leafs paid a little too much for Tavares as well - hilarious that some actually believe he took a discount...

20. AmericanRockFan

I'm almost willing to have this year be a write-off for Nylander. I didn't expect vintage production from him this season, but I also expected him to do better than he did this season. I just hope he doesn't turn into Kyle Wellwood 2.0, who for the record I was a fan of and was mad to see the Leafs give up on.