Rush on a Roll

Discussion in 'Saskatchewan Rush Forum' started by New Fan, Dec 24, 2017.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

tonight you saw the evan kirk that got him moved out of uncasville.

2. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

The defense was uncharacteristically bad and applied a lot less pressure than they usually do. Doesn't help that Evan Kirk had one of his "I don't feel like making a save" games too.

dougm likes this.
  3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

yeah, substandard effort and execution certainly opened the door.

and, when Buffalo closed the gap to two, you could almost see the guys squeezing the sticks and playing back on their heels even more.....very non-Rush like.

i thought the called back goal on Buffalo was going to be the dagger that had them come up just short, but, they did a helluva job staying focused.

4. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

The roll started again last night in Calgary with the Rush up 10-4. They came out flat in the second half against a fired up Calgary team and were out scored 8-2 in regulation. Not keeping your foot on the gas seems to be a theme as is some shaky goaltending by Kirk.

5. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Is the roll coming to a bit of a halt. Loss to Buffalo, 2 close wins over Calgary and Colorado and now a loss to Rochester. Other than crushing Vancouver, who doesn’t, the Rush are looking a little vulnerable. Will be interesting next week when they take on a hot Calgary team.

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I can't believe how tonight's game went. When the Rush were up 3-0 early I figured it was over. I can't believe how from that point on they just couldn't get it 100% firing after that.

Also, I did kinda like how the refs let them play tonight although letting a TON of shenanigans go and then calling Jamieson for an illegal cross check was kinda bogus in my opinion.

7. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

The Rush seem to be their own worst enemy right now. Getting big leads and then letting the foot off the pedal and allowing other teams to come back and go on runs of their own. For the first time since maybe 2012, the defense looks penetrable. Rubisch, Corbeil, Dilks, Mydske, Cornwall etc are still all good players, but not "unquestioned best 5 man unit in NLL history" or "5 of the 7 best defensemen in the league" level anymore. The offense is unselfish and moves the ball well in most games, but seems to let up later on as the game goes on for some reason. Evan Kirk is a huge improvement over Aaron Bold, but still has the same consistency issues he had with the Black Wolves.

They're still the best team in the league, but they need to play at a high level for the full 60 minutes.

8. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

THE RUSH ROCKED TORONTO AND THEN GOT AMBUSHED BY BUFFALO AND ROCHESTER.

PARITY IN THE NLL MAKES YA WONDER, DON'T IT?