San Diego and Philly expansion 2019

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by AFedyk, Jul 2, 2017.

1. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

SOP for rock season tickets (lower bowl) is to sell you the first playoff game as part of the package, so those guys got same price for one game and some other price for game 2.

for the upper bowl season pass holders, game 1 was not included and the price went up. This said, if you went "all in", you secured the seats for $20 a game ( up from $13 ish) for as far as they went.

2. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Hoping these teams get announced soon for promotional reasons. I know the commish has mentioned that a lot when it comes to expansion, giving these teams a big head start. San Diego especially will need time for TV spots and such.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

My Rock ticket went up, I believe, $5 for the playoffs this season.

But anyways, I hope the NLL does announce these teams soon so they can start to market themselves. In San Diego's case, they need to build a fanbase where Philadelphia needs to try to re-capture a fanbase. I'd love it if the Philly area could host an NLL pre-season game again this year like they did in December 2015. Maybe a game between New England and....who would most Philly fans who still follow the NLL be cheering for these days?

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Well, have the ex wings, and a villain like Buffalo, Tornto or Rochester.

5. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Im hoping they add that potential 3rd team in the west. To balance the divisions

6. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

San Diego is a great Lacrosse town. It is one of the original western hotbeds along with Colorado and the bay area. there are Currently over 60 High School and even more Middle school programs. The community is there, Govett may have the track record to get them to show up.

RockStar likes this.
  7. Vin

Vin Active Member

I think it is possible to announce too early in San Diego. Keep in mind that San Diego and Los Angeles will be in sports news this year alot because of the NFL move of the Chargers to LA for the 2017 season.. I suspect that the NLL might not announce a San Diego franchise until the sting of the Chargers not being in San Diego hits. Then, San Diego will be more receptive. Think of it as the NLL franchise as being San Diego's rebound relationship for getting dumped by the Chargers.

8. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

If they are going to build an arena worthy of the NBA or NHL they will need to talk about other sources of revenue for the place.

Let me qualify myself. I am born and raised in San Diego, Played middle school and was all state in HS, played in College for Colorado. I was a Chargers fan, so I followed the Chargers Stadium issue Closely (San Diego Folk, are not Los Angeles Folk).

Nothing is getting built in San Diego Without an OK from the city. Every Sports league in the world has been talking about the San Diego Market. I think this is legit, but the San Diego Politics and Sports situation is nuts right now. Anything that is coming will be discussed extensively.

smurf666 likes this.
  9. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Does the city just hate sports teams? They should be on board because the NLL doesn't have crazy stadium requirements to keep up with. As long as the plumbing and electricity works should be all good.

10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Same reason every place with great weather struggles. There's too many other things to do.

11. Pounder

Pounder Member

California- heck, the West Coast states- have developed this explosively insane notion that if someone wants an arena for their sports team, if you really just have to have it...

...get this, and perhaps being seated or lying on the ground will help...

...and breathe...

...you pay for it yourself.

Obviously there's exceptions, though in California's case, most of those happened before a statewide local development fund was cancelled. Seattle has its "monuments," which is why they passed a law that makes it nearly impossible to use public funds on an arena. Thing is, they've tried to bypass this, while Portland sports no such law and yet do far less to violate the spirit of Seattle's law than Seattle does.

As for San Diego, you need only see how the new Padres' ballpark has "come along" in order to understand why they feel burned, let the Chargers go, and are not about to replace their arena.

12. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Active Member

This is why I hate the current system. Taxpayers pay for all these arenas, then the franchise abandons the people who made it all possible when a slightly better offer comes around. If the state is helping pay for a team's arena upgrade they should be forced to stay there for the foreseeable future.

13. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

That would be it.
    Plus high cost of living = less disposable income.
    City Of San Diego has been broke for my lifetime, and I am not young.

14. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Texted the prospect of 2019 to the groups that sat around us since the WFC openned.. all are in..

Andrew GEA likes this.
  15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So, when can we expect an official announcement on all this?