1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday Night Jax Fever!

Discussion in 'Plaid Platoon Forum' started by Phread, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Phread

Phread New Member

Where are we meeting?

2. Pfattrax

Pfattrax New Member

Is On Deck the 'official' meeting place again this year?
    I will tell you that I LOVED meeting in the Tap Room for the 5th Quarter! I hope that is the beginning of ties cut with On Deck.
    I would like to find a new place, but at the same time do not want to divide fans amongst different places. It is so much more fun in numbers!

WHOOT!
    Name it and I will be there!

3. Woodsticks

Woodsticks New Member

To the very best of my "unofficial knowledge......source to remain confidential" the Jax no longer have a relationship with OnDeck Let's go to Macadams! They have always been very welcoming in the past. My only previous loyalty to On Deck was the "official" relationship with the Jax.

4. Phread

Phread New Member

People seem to be talking up the new NLL feed.

And free is a very good price!

5. yowzado

yowzado New Member

I know that smackem and I would still prefer to gather with other fans, of whom have become our friends to watch the games. Of course the place has to be willing to put up with us and also have the equipment needed to pull the feed off of NLL.com.
    As for a preference, maccadams has free parking and better food.
    OnDeck works with my upromise account and helps pay my student loans...
    LOL Free parking and better food wins!

Truthfully it doesn't matter where as long as those who want can come and have a great time!

I do plan on going to the tap room after the home games again, I had a great time, the players are accessible and don't take all that long to get up there.

6. Stadium_lax_2

Stadium_lax_2 New Member

is the tap room only for adults? i'm a minor

7. Smackem

Smackem New Member

You probably have to be accompanied by an adult.

8. Thebruizer

Thebruizer New Member

I just got a message from the Jaxs telling me that they dont have any sponsorship for away game viewing parties. So lets pick a place and go for it. One good thing for this game is that it will be shown live on Altitude, so we wont have to watch it on NLL.com

9. Woodsticks

Woodsticks New Member

Macadams
    GET The WORD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

10. Pfattrax

Pfattrax New Member

Amen Brutha!!!

11. Pfattrax

Pfattrax New Member

Can I just quote this whole thing and repeat it....
    5th quarter rocks!

12. Phread

Phread New Member

Although, Macadam's probably gets Altitude we should check.

Then while we are there we can see how well NLL.com works.
    I can't remember, did we have a copper or a wireless conection?

13. Pfattrax

Pfattrax New Member

I remember them running a line into the kitchen...
    :p

14. Thebruizer

Thebruizer New Member

We are checking with Macadams about having Altitude. I will send out an email tomorrow letting everyone know what the options are.

15. echolynch

echolynch New Member

1. I have an email in to Macadams
    2. Yes I ran a line in the kitchen for internet and would prefer not to do so again (it was a pain on the staff)
    3. On Deck is no longer an official sponsor of the Jax
    4. Laurelwood Pub is now an official sponsor of the Jax (and willing to host a meeting/away game at the end of the month)
    5. the NFL play offs conflict with this Saturday's game
    6. I ALWAYS prefer Macadams to On Deck
    7. Macadams does have Altitude (at least did last season)

Thanks!

16. echolynch

echolynch New Member

I heard back it is going to be really busy at Macadams - NFL and Blazers so we need a good count. I will send an email to get RSVP's but if you are NOT on the email list and plan on attending, RSVP here. (It will be busy at every sports bar is my guess, so I still vote for Macadams since they have been very helpful an welcoming to us in the past).

Thanks!

17. Phread

Phread New Member

Thank you for chasing all of this down.

I vote that we give you a 25% raise.

18. echolynch

echolynch New Member

I think we are out of luck for this game. No place seems to be a good fit. I will check tomorrow at one more place...we would have to watch it on NLL.com

19. Phread

Phread New Member

Maybe one of the McMinamins.

20. yowzado

yowzado New Member

Sad!

:( This really sucks that we can't find a place to accomodate us! It isn't like there are 100's of us die hard fans. But there are enough to bring in some revenue....

I am really bummed out by this news.