Seals Merch

Discussion in 'San Diego Seals Forum' started by BestSeatinHouse, Nov 20, 2017.

1. while checking out the new Seals website I decided to check out their merchandise page, (https://nllseals.itemorder.com/sale )

they got some really cool looking stuff,
    -the Toque (with the pom pom)
    -the socks
    -the hoodie

looks good for a team coming into the league to have some cool stuff for fan wear

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I really like that toque with the pom pom on it. I wish the Rock would make one with a similar design.

BestSeatinHouse likes this.
  3. exactly what im saying (fellow rock fan) they have some okay stuff, but that seals gear looks so much better, I tempted to get one of the hoodies just because (and ive been a rock fan since I first started playing lacrosse)

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Winter hats being sold for a San diego team?????? Day time winter highs are in the low 60's. Maybe it dips into the high 40s at night. This is like selling bathing suits in Anchorage

5. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

It looks like the back end is run by one of those custom printing sites so I am guessing that is why they have the winter gear or for the family in ontario since there is little chance for a star home town player.

6. AmericanRockFan

Low 60s is mad fatty chilly when you're used to weather in the 90s and 100s.

And Eskimos eat ice cream sometimes.

7. swami24

The average daily highs in the summer are in the mid- upper 70s.

8. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, buying winter gear in San Diego is conceivable.
    I used to live in Los Angeles and one of the interesting things about LA is that you could downhill ski in the morning and swim in Pacific Ocean in the afternoon.
    Los Angeles is surrounded by rather big mountains and people do ski. Getting to those mountains is not hard from SD.
    I know a woman who lived in "The Valley" and Orange County and she is an avid snowboarder.
    https://www.tripsavvy.com/skiing-and-snowboarding-in-southern-california-1586319

9. swami24

Yeah but...as.a.team looking for an identity, why sell that? It is obvious just a boiler plate list of items for every team, but they sjould do a little editing.

10. AmericanRockFan

Meh, even if they only sell a handful is it really a bad choice? It's not like the future of the franchise is based solely on how many toques they do or don't sell.

11. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

I am a San Diego Native, grew up on a Surfboard and Skis. Crawling out of a 60 degree ocean requires a warm hat. SD has is share of hipsters that would rather wear a knit hat than wash their hair in the middle of the summer.

12. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

That's Arizona, no one likes AZ. It is not possible to bitch about SD weather, except for the 4 days a year it rains.

13. AmericanRockFan

I've heard the only reason anyone lives in Arizona is because it's cheaper to buy a house there than it is in California.

14. swami24

The world's easiest job is a weatherperson in SD. "It will be nice, back to you Susan."

15. swami24

The Phoenix area has exploded since the 70s. I was there win 77 in late May and it was 115. Touching you car door handle burned. Northern AZ, flagstaff is totally different, and has ski areas. Only 2.5 hrs away. Eastern part is all mountain towns it is a very diverse state, and earthquake free..... much rather live anywhere there than the shite hole of cali, except for San Diego. I would love to retire there, but it is very expensive. Corondo may be one of the best places in the US to live, if you have millions for a condo. Phoenix is a great city, as long as you don't mind living in a/c all the time.

16. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

Tucson, AZ is awesome. Surrounded by mountains, always sunny out, some palm trees, great golf and outdoor activities and very affordable. I plan on buying a place for the winters there when I retire.

17. swami24

Down side is having to become a Coyotes fan, but, well, that is an upgrade from the Sabres.

18. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

fuxk the coyotes, NHL package or simply pirate streaming, makes it easy to follow whomever you like.

AZ is a bit intriguing for the lifestyle. Phoenix area would be too damned hot for full time, but a medium sized city closer to the skiing could probably work

19. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

Northern AZ is one of the most beautiful places in this country. Southern AZ is HOT, But probably better than buffalo at any time of year. It's a dry heat.

20. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Don't forget Meteor Crater about 40 miles east of Flagstaff just south of I-40.

I was there in March 1994 when I was moving back east from Los Angeles.
    It was a religious experience which says something considering I woke up that morning seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time.

[​IMG]

Beware of extraterrestrials though...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017