Seals sign Dan Dawson

Discussion in 'San Diego Seals Forum' started by chuckster, Nov 28, 2018.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

https://sealslax.com/2018/11/27/960/

I guess he's going to give it a go for another season. I'm surprised by this since he has a young family in Ontario and he had issues with traveling while with the Hawks and didn't play much with the Rush.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I’m a tad surprised by him opting for the constant travel from Toronto to San Diego too, but I imagine Sanderson and Merrill made a good sales pitch. Right now, San Diego sure seems to have a good set of lacrosse minds running the show with Sanderson, Merrill, and now Dawson as the veteran on the roster.

3. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I would also guess San Diego sun during a Canadian winter might have some attraction

RockStar likes this.
  4. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

How many high end contracts can they take on, Billings and dawson already command vet max

5. AmericanRockFan

When was the last time Billings even played? He can’t be getting big dollars.

6. Hollywood42

It goes by years of service

7. AmericanRockFan

Sucks for the Seals then cause Billings isn’t worth $40,000, or whatever the max is now, at this point.

8. Hollywood42

If he even makes the team, I mean duch got cut no ones safe

9. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Wow, such a.surprise as stated

10. unspoken

unspoken Member

Just because they got max before doesn't mean they do now. Veterans have a range that can go as low as somewhere around 21,000. The 40 number is what the one guy who gets franchised gets. And it's unlikely either one of them got franchised.

If they did get max the Tsai must not care about the luxury tax at all.

11. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

That would be great they shut down the first two weeks over expenses and then all the big clubs just blow up the soft expense cap and pay the fines

RockStar likes this.