Season Cancelled???

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by ChickenScream, Oct 12, 2007.

1. JohnnyMogul

JohnnyMogul Active Member

In case you can't tell... it's not like the league is SWIMMING in fans.... they aren't filling the areana's up to overflowing....

2. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

but without the fans who are there, the league still wouldn't exist.

3. JohnnyMogul

But it is a business... otherwise they'd all do it for free... there is a bottom line here... and THAT is all that matters... don't ever think otherwise.

Lots of chicken and egg scenarios here...

League needs players, players need fans, fans need leauge...

Like a twisted Rock, Paper, Scissors game.

4. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

and without customers, businesses go out of business.

5. JohnnyMogul

And? Your Point is....

I think these guys know that... and it may not matter...

6. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

apparently my point is just beyond your grasp... ;)

7. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

One thing that bother me the most is that AFL was able to draw in more fans than NLL.

But, anyway, I hope NLL season is go, otherwise, I can my money and spend it on for some games in NJ - NJ Ironmen - MISL.

I checked the NJ Ironmen schedule and, since I live in NYC, and am only free on Sat and Sun, I can only go to the games on weekend, their schedule has conflict with Titans. I prefer Titans over Ironmen and if season is cancelled, I guess I can go to Ironmen instead.

Roy

8. FixThis

FixThis New Member

The AFL draws because of the NFLs help and a decent TV deal......I worked in the AFL for a few years in Buffalo and they drew diddly. :D

9. Sweet Nuts

Sweet Nuts New Member

This would be the worst thing that could happen to the league and it's fans. Both sides should be able to see this. With all the expansion the last few years into big markets like NY, Chicago and Boston to grow the league, what would this say to the new fan base they are trying to grow!

10. Sweet Nuts

Sweet Nuts New Member

...not to mention we got screwed with the whole circus debacle and now we can't even get to see the banner raise or defend the title! Get it done!

11. ckg68

ckg68 New Member

That MIGHT have something to do with the fact that the Destroyers were crap on the field. No matter if you promote well,if you can't get the job done on the floor,people won't show up.

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Who the hell were the New Jersey Ironmen?

RockStar and fandit like this.
  13. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

WELL PLAYED!
    I thought this coming season had been cancelled! :eek:

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Snapshot of what we were all thinking a little over a decade ago.

Cool time capsule, bro!

In all seriousness, my own response was pretty much in line with how I feel now: Eff 'em, I'll find something else to do until another pro league rises from the ashes of this one...

The difference now is that I am only following the sport out of an 18 odd year habit......if I take a season off, I might never be back, particularly if Toronto does not have a team playing at a top tier venue (or a venue ~15 minutes drive away with ample/free parking).

15. AmericanRockFan

I wonder what happened to Plats once he left this board 10 years ago.

16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Moved out of town several years ago, so I no longer run into him anywhere. I have him on FB, but, he is hugely inactive there lately.

Might have pared me off his friend list, might have just shutdown the account. Dunno.

17. AmericanRockFan

Last I knew, he had moved to Windsor. Granted, that was what torrock (another message board alum) told me at a postgame party back in 2012.

Sometimes I feel like I joined this message board after it was cool.

18. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

You did, but all the coolest kids still remain. ;)

19. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Wow I had three different screen names in this thread. This place use to be fun. I remember my wife was IMing with Cosmos mom either the day the season got cancelled or the day they agreed to play on with fewer teams. My wife asked how Anthony was taking all this and his mom just said he was taking a nap and asked her to wake him if he had to make travel arraignments.

RockStar likes this.
  20. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

This might be true of many/most lacrosse fans. Rule changes have ensured I can count the number of thrilling games in a season on one hand, the season's way too long, the schedule's unbalanced, my home team sucks (as do many home teams), Nicky Saks is an arrogant jerk, my friends officially think the NLL sucks so I can't find people to see games with, too many teams play in empty barns, the list goes on ...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    RockStar likes this.