Season Cancelled???

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by ChickenScream, Oct 12, 2007.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Nicky Sak needs to watch 'game 5' of the OLA final series, and, some film of the CLaX playoffs, to realize how ridiculously awesome the NLL's on floor product could be if they just got TF out of the way and let the men play lacrosse.

The off floor stuff is a hilarious joke......I mean, the NLL and at least four teams have my e-mail address from ticket or merch sales, I 'like' the NLL and a handful of team/fan club forums on social media...........

Despite all this, I really don't get much in the way of content from these idiots......Mauntagh's weekly article in the Stun is more reliable!

And then there is the general patheticness of their telecasts that shows no signs of getting better.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

There would be open revolts in most markets if the NLL went from what they do now for game presentation to what the OLA does. No music, no yapping announcer and in Buffalo, no bagpipes would make the idiots on FB explode in rage. Me? I would be happy with NLL game presentation being more like OLA. The older I get, the more I appreciate how the OLA doesn't beat me over the head with noise to watch the game.

I can only comment on what the Bandits and Swarm do for communicating with fans off the floor. The Bandits don't barrage me with Emails and the Swarm do a really good job of also not beating fans over the head with Emails. I only follow the Bandits on FB and Twitter and they're not obnoxious with what they do but the fan comments go from downright stupid to unreal. It's amazing how fans get attached to players and what the reactions are when said players are traded.....especially Native ones.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess that OLA game presentation is on par with Fann Cup game presentation?

As for me, I'd be kosher with no music and announcers (except for goals and penalties) during the action. I like flashy wrestling style entrances though, but I don't need it to enjoy the game experience.

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Expect the Wings to have a raucous pregame. They have upgraded the sound, video, lights, and added LED lights in the gaps between the panes of glass. their patterns are synchronized to music.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

If it's not Dallas Eliuk driving a Hummer to the arena, then I want no part of it.

6. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

OLA is very spartan presentation - no music during gameplay, no media timeouts, and, oftentimes no intermission entertainment.....they just let the youngsters on the floor to whip balls around.

I don't think we need to go there, but, I would be happy if they
    -changed the media timeouts to one per quarter, first dead ball after the 8 minute mark (and they can lengthen this and lengthen the 1-2 and 3-4 period break for all I care....2.5mins is only enough for a **** and a fresh beer if the rink is empty and you're close to the concession and the toilet),

-turned the music down a touch, and, maybe turn it off altogether for tense stretches a la Buffalo fourth quarters. I don't like that it's there, but, I also don't dislike it. I just find that sometimes it's incessant and only marginally quieter than a Mötley Crüe concert, and, that's not what I am there for.

-A little bit more 'dignity' in the announcer role. I want the guy to be a bit of an excitable homer, but, I don't want him constantly yelling at me with his 20,000 watt amplified voice telling me to "make some noise" or whatever.

7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member