season ticket sales?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Feb 3, 2018.

1. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Does anybody have any idea as to how many season tickets they have sold so far?

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Since this is the second or third time you have asked.., call the team.

3. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I really doubt they would tell me. I was just wondering if somebody on here had some inside knowledge.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

It is better to try and fail at something than it is to guarantee failure by not even trying at all.

So therefore, call the team and ask out of curiosity :)

5. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Onto a related issue, I saw about a month ago that they sold out the first row. My question is who are buying these seats? You literally have the entire arena and you pick the first row? Has anybody sat in these seats? Are they as bad as I am making them out to be?

6. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Lindsay M said back in November at the name the team revealing that it was about 2,000 IIRC

7. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

sorry but what does IIRC mean?

8. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

google you are literately on the internet. typing IIRC into google is at least 11 less key strokes

swami24, Wings-4-Life and RockStar like this.
  9. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Man, you guys are tough!

10. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Ben ,

IIRC means if I recall correctly.

11. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

IMO IIRC U SAID 'TTYL' AND I SAID 'STFU' LMAO.

MILLwasbetter and RockStar like this.
  12. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

I used to sit in the 3rd row at one point, it was in a corner section, so from there, maybe it wasn't the greatest view especially of the far end of the field, but, its also a bit of a more visceral experience being that close to the field. Its not my preferred vantage point, however I don't think its quite as bad as you think, especially if you are on the very ends.

13. swami24

The row behind the bench is terrible, players are always standing. If you are in the first 5 or so rows on the mid floor, you will lose sight when the play goes into one corner. Sitting in the front row is different, and I like the use of the word visceral. That close you can watch the players eyes and really see the corner battles. The downside is the far end becomes 2 demensional.

Watching the games from row 1 or 2 is a.different experience than rows 3 to 7, and then different from 7 and up.

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i love front row ends, just off one of the goalie's shoulders.

give me the end that my team attacks in the last period.

other than that, front row sucks. In fact, despite the price, the absolute worst seats in the house are the few rows beside one of the benches or penalty boxes.

15. swami24

One problem with the front row, the one time I sat front row end for the Flyers, I missed a goal because the ref blocked my view.

16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

that, and heckling a player or ref doesn't work so well......they should give all the patrons a camera hole of their own

17. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Make the NLL great again.

k-hawksfan33 and RockStar like this.
  18. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I sat in the 3rd row in one of the corners at a Leafs game last season. It was cool for the novelty and I'm happy I did it, but I'd rather sit up a little higher and rinkside if I was going to go on a regular basis. The only sport I really like sitting close for is baseball games if I can get a seat right behind home within the first 10 rows or so.

19. swami24

I did have an option permanently move into the 7th row behind the net at one end for the Flyers. The cost alone kept me from doing it, but that wouldn't be as much of an issue for the NLL