1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Season tickets

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by Wings-4-Life, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

The Wings have released their season ticket prices. They're only selling glass row, and center 6 seats for STH. $50 for glass row, $40 for center 6.

Looks like corners and ends won't be available, as they're holding those for group sales and sports teams. Also no to club box seats for now, which means I most likely won't be returning, as I have no desire to spend just as much on regular seats as I did for the club box seats. They've made an excuse that the boxes may open once construction on them is done, but that doesn't make any sense as they won't be closing off the boxes for Flyers & Sixers games.

One would also assume this means the upper level will be closed, but I haven't heard any info on that.

2. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

The e-mail showed STH benefits for corners and ends, just not the prices. The rep told me corners were likely to be $30/game.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Cool beans.

4. Wings-4-Life

The ticket rep (Jay) just posted some info on the PWFC facebook page, and said they're trying to keep all STH's in the center 6 so they can keep the corners and ends free for groups. I'd post a screen shot, but I can't access facebook from the work computer.

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

geez, that's dumb.

just set up a price grid and let your committed fan ST holders sit where they like sitting.

6. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

Ahhh okay.

7. Wings-4-Life

They're spinning it as they want everyone "to get to know each other". :rolleyes:

8. AmericanRockFan

I kinda understand the Wings' side of things, BUT if I'm willing to make the commitment for a full season of home games then I better have quite a bit of autonomy on where I wanna sit.

RockStar likes this.
  9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

^^Exactly.

I prefer sitting at the home team 2nd and 4th quarter shooting end, and, if I was stuck with lower bowl, I would like to be 15-20 rows up.

The average fan doesn't agree with this choice, so, these tickets are lower demand, and, arguably should come with a bit of a discount, but, truth be told, I would still pick them instead of centre floors, even at the same price.

FWIW, for the last 8 years or so, I have sat front row upstairs with a slightly shiittier version of the end view....... because it is half the price of the cheapest lower bowl option.

10. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

When I started with Flyers tix, they were at the top of the spectrum on the end. I liked the angle as you saw all the plays developing.
    For the Wings, I have always been high up in the center section. I have sat lower on the road, but like that view from the high middle best.

11. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Then how can they advertise season tix packages starting at $135?

12. Wings-4-Life

No idea. They also advertised that if you placed a deposit you'd have first crack at your old seats. I see on that same page that someone called today, and her old seats were already sold to someone else even though she placed a deposit. I'm not trusting anything they do right now.

13. Wings-4-Life

Here's their original post, which makes it seem like everything will be available eventually:

[​IMG]

But here are some quotes from Jay's (ticket rep) visit to the PWFC page today:

"I would like to sit everyone best as possible in the centers though. It would be a nice environment to know everyone you are sitting next to. The corners and ends will be more used for groups and youth lacrosse teams"

In reference to someone asking for their club box seats back: "As of right now I would air on the side of not having them. There's still a very long time to go. If you previously had a club box, we can pick out seats in the centers or turf and I will put you on a spread sheet to where when they do become available I will upgrade you guys first!!"

14. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

I think its a little odd that they are rolling the season ticket pricing out section by section. Seems to me that they are trying to get their feelers out on how much of the arena that they would like to open up. I could see the set up the seating similar to the Philadelphia Soul games where they are only selling tickets to the lower bowl and only the middle boxes.

Also I'm assuming that $50 and $40 are per game which is on par with some of the other arenas. Also I wonder how close the prices will be to the packages they try to sell for the soul as shown below.
    http://www.philadelphiasoul.com/index.cfm?go=tickets&show=seasonorder

15. Tom Wersderfer

Tom Wersderfer Active Member

I've heard that the balcony will be closed for Wings games. Only main floor seating. I imagine that will change in a season or two as the fan base grows and the main floor seats are sold out.

16. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Smart move. Fill the lower bowl first and then open the upper if needed. The Bandits did that for a number of years until the demand caught up. And they used the upper to sell dirt cheap tickets to high school and youth groups to get them in the door and hooked.

17. AmericanRockFan

I'm thinking this is the case here too.

Were the Wings even selling upper deck tickets by the end of the last franchise's tenure? I don't recall seeing people sit up there during my two visits to Wells Fargo in 2013 and 2014.

18. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Because it was closed for the 2013 2014 season maybe even 2012

19. AmericanRockFan

That's what I thought, so I'm a little surprised it was "news worthy" that it'll be closed in 2019 as well.

20. Wings-4-Life

I don't think it's news worthy at all. I do find it odd they've closed off half the seats in the lower level for now, though (corners, ends, and club boxes).