1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Higgins get a start?

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Brandonkoch716, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Yes, I'd give him a start in Rochester. They've had horrible luck there over the years--usually lose. He backstopped them to the comeback and Buque has been pulled 3 times. So they don't have much to lose giving him the start there. Maybe Buque still ends up being the long term starter, but maybe not. So, I'd give Higgins a shot.

Brandonkoch716 likes this.
  2. Komarem

Komarem Guest

It’s a no brainer. It’s got to be Higgins. Nothing is owed to Buque. He’s not the #1. He was basically thrown into the Crawford/Benesch trade. He was brought into compete. He’s been bad. Right now we have three mediocre goalies. You play whoever has earned it. Right now that’s Higgins.

Brandonkoch716 and RockStar like this.
  3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

you go with the guy that gives you the best chance to win.

right now, I figure that is Higgins.....

why the hell not? the defence played 10 feet tall in front of him, and the attack got it done, even without Crawford.

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i'm hoping all the best for zach.

5. fandit

fandit Active Member

In the "Darris Days" and I think Troy has done this as well, the lineup that wins starts the next game. It changes only when they lose. Buque also had a really hard time seeing the ball in the BCA. So, barring injury, the same lineup SHOULD play. They earned it. And that includes the soon to be returning Wing, Pat Saunders.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Buque has had his chances because of the trade and he has not been consistent. I'm not sold on Higgins based on his past history but right now, Higgins should get the start but Buque needs to be ready to jump in if needed. We may be looking at the revolving door in net all season.

7. fandit

fandit Active Member

I guess Higgins answered this one.....:cool: