Since I know the Rock front office reads this board occasionally....

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by RockStar, Jun 10, 2002.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

As we travelled to St. Catherines last Saturday for the A's vs the Excelsiors game, Meathead, Rock Ink, my lady and myself were musing about how cool it would be if they could get Helix (of "Rock You" fame) to do a halftime show at the ACC sometime next season. How about it Jason and Brad,.....they're not doing too much these days and might jump at the chance.

2. RockStar

:rotfl: Sorry folks, had to share this thought too....as I look at this other article about the "Brampton Excelsiors Lacrosse Club" It just occurred to me that their name could be abbreviated to the "Ex-Lax Club" (team motto = starting **** wherever we go?):rotfl:

3. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

A Helix reunion concert at half-time woudl be sooooo cool! Imagine, that song that everyone hears after the Rock score a goal ("Gimme an R!...R!...O!...O!...C!...C!...K!...K!...Wahtcha got"? ROCK! And whatcha gonna do? ROCK YOU!") brought to life by the best hairband to ever come out of Kitchener! That would be the coolest... :D

4. Jonnonoon

Jonnonoon New Member

Indeed, that would be an awesome site to see :)

5. joe rockhead

joe rockhead New Member

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Maybe they can do this now, 17 years after the fact?

7. RockStar

They brought singer, Brian Vollmer, out for a game once and let him belt out the chorus karaoke style.....or maybe fronting 2 For The Show.

8. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Fronting 2 For The Show. What the hell did Vollmer do to **** off the Rock?

9. RockStar

i cannot remember whether 2 for the show was there, or whether it was just arena sized Karaoke.....all I remember is they brought Vollmer out for a game, and the rest of Helix was sadly not there.

Helix was last spotted (by me) in ~2006 opening for Alice Cooper at the old shtthole arena in Oshawa before the nice new rink they have now was fully functional......Enjoyed rousing renditions of Deep Cuts the Knife, Heavy Metal Love, and, of course, the Rock's unofficial anthem.