Six Nations Chiefs - Holy Cow the last two games!!!

Discussion in 'ILIndoor Forum' started by CanHawk Fan, Jun 10, 2015.

1. CanHawk Fan

CanHawk Fan Active Member

Okay. The Six Nations Chiefs are once again going to be the team to beat in the MSL and also for the Mann Cup.

Got off to a slow start their first game losing 12-5.

However, won game two in Kitchener 8-6.

Then traded for Ryan Benesch and HOLY COW. Last two games. 19-2 winners over Oakville and 13-2 winners over Brooklin. Their D has been lights out and Dillon Ward has given up only 2 goals per game in those two games.

They have Point, Keough, Shattler, Benesch, Vaughan Harris, Dhane Smith, Randy Staats, etc, etc.

I missed the 19-2 pasting, but was at the 13-2 win over Brooklin. They look as focused and sharp as any NLL team and likely have just as much talent. Tremendous passing all night. So crisp.

Can't wait to watch a lot more of this lax this summer!!

2. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

With Thorimbert at the dot they can play make it take it with the best of them. It looks like Brooklin had a short bench judging by pointstreak. SN will be tough to beat in a series if they keep this up.

3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Yawn. Wake me for the better of the two semi-final series.

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

problem with summer ball...regular season means nothing

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Why do you say that?

6. RockStar

-Peterborough and Six Nations will both finish the season with .800+ winning percentage and will likely roll through the playoffs and meet each other in the final round.

-Everyone else fights over third through last.....third place means you can play the less-strong Juggernaut in the semi-final and have a prayer at an upset (see Brooklin punking P-boro in 6 a couple years ago).

Last several years I've completely ignored major series until the playoffs. For regular season ball, Junior A lacrosse is far more interesting because it's usually a four or five horse race. After the star college players return to their hometowns, a game between the top teams is usually better than anything short of a top-notch NLL tilt or the MSL finals.

7. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

rockstar - i still follow junior box season long, teams are not as artificially stacked as they are in the senior circuit.

8. RockStar

In Junior, there are still only four or five teams with any realistic chance of winning, but, at least the balance of power does shift from time to time.

Pity I'm tied up on home game nights these days - Warriors are a short jaunt from home, and, that's who I've seen the most by far in the last 8 years or so.

9. RockStar

http://www.gofundme.com/mslwebcast

Oh, yeah, for those out there who like watching from home - they are webcasting games, and there is some crowdfund begging going on for funds.

I'm good for a $20 spot - This will be awesome for playoff games at SixNay or Peterborough......don't have to make that stupid drive through to the wee hours!

10. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

So, what's that in real money? (j/k)

Actually, this is good and I am glad you mentioned it.

11. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Disappointed that MSL only has 1 Saturday game on their ENTIRE summer schedule and that contest was last week in Coburg. Bummer. I guess I'll wait for the playoffs.

12. RockStar

They seem to do everything in their power to give their guys summer weekends off.......biggest priorities would be family, or MLL I guess.

13. 1sttimelongtime

1sttimelongtime Active Member

Sounds a lot like the Eastern Div of Winter ball also.