So, what do you plan to do this winter/spring if the 2018-2019 NLL season is cancelled?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, Nov 13, 2018.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Needless to say I hated rocky's posts, but not his passion. The vitriol I threw at him tempered once I found he was special.needs, beyond the deafness. Yes we confirmed somehow that went blind too. I have the vague recollection that we also somehow figured that he had passed away.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I too really didn’t have an issue with him for the most part, it was just the fact he never seemed to want to engage in dialogue and tried to stress why he was right without listening to others that annoyed me by the end.

I don’t recall hearing about him passing away, but I remember seeing an article about him on the Cosmos website that someone posted on here in 2014ish?

3. AmericanRockFan

He went awol on other social media platforms too I believe. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was because he went blind and didn’t want his mom to post for him (I’m not being a dick when I say that last part, I’m pretty sure that Cosmos article mentioned his mom would read articles online for him).

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i admired Roy's passion, and my only criticism at the tine is that he never posted anything about something that happened on a lacrosse floor....just everything else.

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

6. AmericanRockFan

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  7. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

This might be the greatest thread hijack ever which would be the most fitting tribute to Roy possible on these boards.
    I can not imagine what it would be like to be deaf and then to find out your going blind.

RockStar likes this.
  8. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Next time use the white pages and you can pull the phone number and address.

9. AmericanRockFan

I don’t wanna be that creepy.

Agreed. Words can’t describe how thankful I am that neither, let alone both of them, has ever happened to me. Being deaf I could live with. Being blind? I can’t even imagine.

10. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

There is high chance that Roy, being Jewish, was an Ashkenazi Jew. Like Cajuns, Ashkenazi Jews are more susceptible to having Usher Syndrome which is a condition in which you are usually born deaf and then gradually become blind.

Watch and learn from this segment of the 1996 series "The Mind Traveller" hosted by Oliver Sacks. He was my dead pool pick who inconveniently died because the period between dead pools took way too long.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  11. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Big day if Roy were still around. After all his incessant talk about how the Islanders would move to Brooklyn forever, they make their return to Long Island tonight after 3 short years at the Barclays Center.

RockStar likes this.
  12. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

And the insistance that there was no out.to.the lease

13. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

You mean an IRONCLAD lease.

14. AmericanRockFan

Thanks to the season being PARTIALLY cancelled because of the LOCKOUT, I am AT THE BAR watching the fight between Deontay WILDER and Tyson FURY for the HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP of the WORLD.

15. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Whattya mean partially canceled? The season still has the same number of games, just that the start of it has been pushed back.

16. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

He clearly means there wer no games yesterday

17. AmericanRockFan

Gimme a break, I’d had a few glasses of the cold gimmick when posting that Roy style post.