So, when does the.......

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by fandit, Nov 25, 2018.

1. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

Now that the CBA is settled, when does the Vinc announcement happen?

2. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

3. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Hearing the wings are bringing him in for a physical Wednesday

dougm and wacklax like this.
  4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I heard that he might be a player-coach with Rochester this year before transitioning to a coaching role with Halifax next season.

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Awesome! NLL needs a Reggie Dunlop character

6. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

I hope he signs with Buffalo, but there’s no way I see that as an automatic.

The only clue is that Buffalo traded Buque, leaving them with only Higgins, Shanahan, and maybe Abrams if he’s still their property. If they weren’t going to get Vinc, why would they drop Buque? I know Buque wasn’t great last year but Buque + Higgins have to be better than what they have now.

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

This. I agree that Buque wasn't great last year but Buque/Higgins would on paper be better than Higgins/Shanahan/Abrams. Chugger has to have something else in mind for the goaltending position to ship out Buque.

As a free agent, I just don't see why Vinc would want to sign with the expansion Wings. If he wants to win another Cup, then his best shot is the Hawks. If he wants to change scenery and not be far from home (St. Catharines), the Bandits are his better option.

8. chuckster

So which is it??? Vinc signing with the Wings or the Bandits? Or are you just trolling again?

9. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Maybe Latrell Harris has spoken to Vinc about being part of a goalie tandem with Nick Rose in 2019....

10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Not even Vinc can put this Rock team over the hump if they cannot manufacture more goals in clutch time......but, yeah, dare to dream.

11. GoKHawksGo

GoKHawksGo Active Member

Cody Jamieson pretty much confirmed on Twitter a week or 2 ago that Vinc is moving on

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I’m trolling obviously

It’s pretty apparent he will be on buffalo since they didn’t protect goalies for expansion draft then trade buque to New England

Bandits37 likes this.
  13. Bandits37

Bandits37 Member

I'm giddy at the possibility of getting Vinc here as it'll be nice to have a goalie you can win a title with again. We all know what Cosmo's rep was and it was exactly what we got while he was here. Diruscio had flashes but couldnt move very well side to side and would let up some bad goals. Higgins is Higgins so yeah. As for Buque the book is out on him. Aim for the top corners, especially over his left shoulder, as he's not tall enough to cover that spot when he hunches down, once he stands up more to cover just throw it low and it'll go underneath/thru his legs. Saw it time and time again last year.

Vinc showed last year he can still play and with their improved defense and killer offense the Bandits should be an extremely tough team to beat this year

14. Rick716

The idea of Vinc is exciting but I don’t like to put the cart before the horse. He would have to sign and we have to see if the defense is improved on the floor. This is a tough league.

15. whose house

whose house Member

Attached Files:

kabnt2005 likes this.
  16. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Woohoo, done deal!

17. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Outstanding. If they can get the defense shored up with the addition of McKay and Gilray, they are no doubt a legit contender now.

18. chuckster

Excellent! A major bigly upgrade in goal that they needed. A 3 year deal is likely what he wanted and while Styres could give that to him, moving to Halifax was likely not what Vinc wanted living and working in St. Catharines.

All the pieces are there for the Bandits to be legit contenders.

19. Rick716

Wow, this is really, really exciting. He's killed Buffalo over the years, so hopefully, Vinc has more good years left in the tank.

20. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

Chugger is now the leading candidate for GM of the Year!
    Top goaltender and 4 top flight defenders in one off season. I guess his job should be threatened more often........:p

kabnt2005 likes this.