Songs you hate

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by toros_00, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

This one reminded me of another actor who can't sing - Patrick Swayze. His "hit" song She's Like The Wind was pretty bad too. I always referred to it as "She's Got The Wind" :rotfl:

2. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

"Ice Ice Baby" - Vanilla Ice
    "Pickin' Boogers", "Just a Friend" - Biz Markie
    :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2006
  3. Jake Clawson

Jake Clawson Active Member

I could tie up bandwidth for eons just listing the songs I hate. Without even thinking too hard...

Whitney Houston - "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)"

An utter waste of everybody's time, from the producer to the singer to the guy who brought them sandwiches in the studio to the poor people who have to hear it. This song is made especially horrible by overstaying its welcome by at least a minute with its "Dontcha wanna dance/Say you wanna dance" stuff at the end. Whitney has spent the last twenty years or so living down to this one tune. And thanks for the subtitle, to make it clear that you don't wish to dance with somebody who despises you, or who doesn't give a flying rat about you.

Boy Meets Girl - "Waiting for a Star to Fall"

I always hated this song, but it wasn't until recently that I found out that the "band", such as it is, are the two people responsible for writing "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)". I guess that explains everything.

Limp Bizkit - "Faith"

In my years and years of listening to music, LB was the first band I kept consoling myself that "someday, everybody will realize how awful this band is". To my delight, it didn't take that long. Although pretty much everything they put out is stinky, this one stands out because I utterly hate "ironic cover versions". "Get it? We're playing a GEORGE MICHAEL song!" Yeah, funny. Not as funny as you guys having to pay radio stations to play it, though. Mr Durst, whose discovery of Kenna remains his only notable achievement, is now nothing but a punchline. Sic semper tyrannis.

Todd Rundgren - "Bang the Drum All Day"

Included solely for its use at sporting events, including after every Mammoth goal. The song isn't bad by any means, but it has nothing going for it as a sports anthem but a good beat. Please, stadiums everywhere, find something else.

Elton John - "Candle in the Wind '97"

You know those goofy parody songs that radio stations put together to promote their sporting teams in the playoffs, or that make fun of some public figure? Imagine one of those being the number one song for the entire world for four months. No, wait, don't imagine it - that's pretty much what happened.

Puff Daddy f/Faith Evans & 112 - "I'll Be Missing You"

Ditto.

Van Morrison - "Brown Eyed Girl"

It is said that there are certain things - TV shows, movies, jokes, bands - that you simply will not "get". The world will fall in love with it, but you'll sit there shaking your head going "huh?" This is mine. I kinda like "Moondance", and that's pretty much it for anything involving VM. And this one's especially annoying to me. The opening lick to this song makes me want to change the channel or run out of the room. And I stay away from "karaoke night" everywhere simply because I'm guaranteed to hear this song at least once.

JC

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

99% of all rap songs.

5. banditslaxnut

banditslaxnut New Member

Heard this one yesterday at the Bisons game: "Mmmmbop" by Hanson. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate , hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE this flippin' song!

6. toros_00

toros_00 Moderator

wow..your lucky...you just heard it now.

Its been killing me for like 10 yrs now.

7. fanoflax

fanoflax New Member

It's called the Cha-Cha Slide. I like it but it does get annoying.

8. fanoflax

fanoflax New Member

Oh God, that song sucks. I love making fun of Blunt with that stupid voice of his.

9. AmericanRockFan

I like the Marilyn Manson version.

10. AmericanRockFan

THIS.

11. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Bruce Springsteen all songs

12. AmericanRockFan

I have zero recollection of going through an anti-rap phase.....

13. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

One of my Springer Spaniels hates Hey Soul Sister, but has.no.problem with any
    Other Train song. He yips at the start of the song, and when the chorus starts,.his head.goes straight up and he howls like a coyote at moon
    .. harrroooooooh

14. AmericanRockFan

I hate the Pitbull song where he sings about drinking, partying, and banging random chicks.

15. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

This is why nobody loves you.

RockStar likes this.
  16. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Oh and anything by Pink Floyd need to go

17. swami24

....except for Money and Time, gotta keep them

18. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'll cut you.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    RockStar likes this.
  19. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Welcome to the Jungle - Gn'R
    The most overused song in history.

20. swami24

Except late in the 4th quarter when the Wings are up next year...otherwise, yup.