Staats or Cloutier?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by BenMitchell, Aug 25, 2018.

1. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/stamper-s-musings-two-for-one-mock-drafts-considering-the-austin-factor/52577

"4 San Diego (from Buffalo)
    Matt Gilray, RT, Peterborough Lakers and Bucknell
    Gilray is a beast of a defender, although he's still working on his consistency like many young defenders need to do, and he is a constant threat in transition. I've written before that with his size (6'3”, 215 pounds) and speed he resembles a running back who can go past you, through you or around you. A bonus for the Seals is that he will be living in California as a coach at Whittier College near Los Angeles. That's a quick flight down the coast to San Diego."

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

3. I think Cloutier would fit better as they need a lefty who can be creative with his shot. Need to get more than Crowley from the Black Wolves if trading the #2 pick. I certainly hope they don't, cause it will bring back some bad memories of the previous regime.
    2 major questions:
    1. Would Staats play in Philly or hold them hostage?
    2. Is Cloutier committed to playing the full NLL season, or is he going to jump ship when MLL starts?

4. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

Cloutier was still playing in MSL during the MLL season, so I'd be shocked if he didn't commit to the full NLL season

5. chuckster

I don't think other players who play NLL and MLL left the NLL season before it ended to play MLL. I know Josh Byrne didn't. Tom Schreiber played in the MLL the day after the Rock season ended.

There was a space of time between the end of the NLL regular season and the beginning of MSL in Ontario that allowed Shawn Evans to play a couple of MLL games this year before the MSL season started.

6. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

7. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

Seriously?
    Who in Philly has ever heard of the kid? Crowley's a name that fans know and lives in town.

8. chuckster

Yes, seriously. You don't need to already have name recognition to get name recognition. If the Wings draft Cloutier and he plays to his high potential, the Wings won't need a name from yesteryear like Crowley to sell tickets.

9. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

Comcast has already been pimping out the new crop of players. Hickey, Currier, Matisz, and Rambo have already been doing PR around the city. I honestly think if a deal for Crowley was going to been done it would have already. My original thoughts right after the expansion draft was that Currier and something were going to be shipped to NEBW for Crowley but then they immediately put Currier jerseys on sale and have had him do multiple media hits around the city have changed my mind on that.

10. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Stamper has reported in his mock drafts, including the one that came out today.

11. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

They are selling Jordan halls jersey too ,however he has yet to appear in any posts or media spots