Stealth Are Done

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by New Fan, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Tonight's game summary:

[​IMG]

The puppy's fine. The Stealth are not.

RockStar likes this.
  2. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

when are the stealth's big 3 ever going to wake up? saunders, mccready & malcom get 6 but the big 3 only net 2?!? schuss, duch and small should be 6-8 goals a game!

3. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

A quick peek into Doug Locker's mind right now:

[​IMG]

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

This last game -- Duch 1G on 10 total shots, Small 1G on 18 total shots, Schuss 1G on 13 total shots. Not good.

I think Calgary's magic number is 1 win and 1 Stealth loss and Calgary is in.

5. New Fan

New Fan Member

The Stealth have as much chance making the playoffs as seeing pigs fly.

6. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

I can't wait to see the playoff push happen on March 31st when I see the action live. By that I mean me and 20 other people in the LEC.

7. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Oh and apparently it's COUNTRY NIGHT on the 31st. Oh joy.

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So keeping with that trend, if they play the game in reverse that means that the fans will come back to the arena and the Stealth will have tied the game at 0-0?

RockStar likes this.
  9. New Fan

New Fan Member

I’m assuming if the Roughnecks defeat the Stealth they are officially done.

10. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

We shall see tomorrow night. Hoping for the best and of course setting my expectations sweet 'n' low.

11. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

The Stealth are officially done for the season after losing a very hard hitting game to the Roughnecks tonight at the LEC. All it needed was a couple fights and a line brawl to complete the old school lax trifecta. It was a fun game to see live but the wind went out of the Stealth's sails in the 2nd half and never came back.

In any case, Locker needs to get let go and a box lacrosse savvy GM to put in his place. Denise needs to make some hard decisions to save this franchise.

12. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

looks like locker is out of his element in player personnel moves. they are still hurting from losing chris hall. i think denise has confidence in doug but i am not sure if the team does. it would be best if doug was the operations guy and they get a real judge of talent. johnny mouradian is still out there? would denise want to work with him again?

13. New Fan

New Fan Member

Yes the Stealth are officially out and the Roughnecks limp into the playoffs with a dismal .428% winning record. The two teams in the East that will be eliminated from the playoffs have a better record than the Roughnecks and are so far ahead of the Stealth it isn't worth mentioning. Both the Stealth and Roughnecks have losing programs over the past years and have talked about that in other posts. So, a common theme on why, management and coaching. Time for changes and to begin looking at the up and coming talented coaches in SRA and JRA programs. Stop recycling the old guard and give the young coaches the opportunity.

dougm likes this.
  14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The East and West are total opposite this year.....4 weeks to go and the West is set for who is in for the playoffs but the East is still open with even the last place Wolves still having a shot.

Even though seeding is not final, I can't imagine Colorado would be excited to see Calgary again in the 1st round of the playoffs.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

She really does. God bless her.

Stealth are living dead now with 2 of the 3 remaining games at home. Other than STHers who might go, you have to expect walk-up will be very,low those last 2 home games.

16. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

The one positive I did take away from Saturday night's game is how much I love the sport of lacrosse. Watching two teams duking it out on the floor of the LEC in an intense tilt is like nothing else. It's a great feeling and I hope that the Stealth stay in B.C. for the foreseeable future because it highlights how great the lacrosse players and lacrosse community are here.

Now if only Richmond would get a Senior A lacrosse team again... :D

RockStar likes this.
  17. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

You have to give Denise Watkins credit for hanging in there as another poster mentioned. 0-7 at home is tough.

18. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Tapped out after the Rush made it 5-1. The Stealth are just going through the motions now. Oh and the Rush ran all over them in a 20-10 win.

Thankfully there's only two games left in the season after tonight.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  19. wacklax

wacklax Member

fire locker and batley and assistant coaches and waterboys and trainers and stickboys. Then the new gm trades all veterans for draft picks. Get Frankie out of calgary.

Baby steps.

20. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

[​IMG]

This will probably be reused next weekend for obvious reasons.