Stealth making some interesting off season moves

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by Rottenrocker, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Free Agent Signings:
    Justin Goodwin: New Westminster, BC, Defense/Transition, 5’11, 175lbs.
    Jordan McBride: New Westminster, BC, Forward, 6’0, 210lbs.
    Evan Messenger: Delta, BC, Forward, 6’1, 205lbs.
    Tyson Roe: Duncan, BC, Defense/Transition, 6’10, 250lbs.
    Billy Saxton: Niagara on the Lake, ON, Defense/Transition 6’0, 220lbs.
    Dane Sorensen: Victoria, BC, Forward, 6’0, 200lbs.
    Tanner Theede: Whitby, ON, Defense, 6’2, 225lbs.

“Both Jamie (Batley) and I have spent a lot of time so far this summer identifying players whom we feel fit the style we plan to play in the coming season, and we are extremely excited about the group we added to our roster today,” said President and General Manager Doug Locker. “We have a lot more work to do and are looking at adding a few more players in the upcoming weeks. We are always looking at ways to improve our club especially heading into the 2017 season,” Locker continued.

The Vancouver Stealth also announced today that they have signed returning players Keegan Bal, Brandon Clelland, Travis Cornwall, Cody Hagedorn and Chris O’Dougherty to one year contracts and Jarrett Toll to a two-year agreement.

- all information taken from the Stealth website -

2. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

This team is just such an afterthought now. It's amazing how a team with so much talent around it just hasn't been able to do anything

3. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

I think the 2017 season will be the make or break one for the future of the Stealth. I want this team to succeed here so damn badly and they've proven they can win big games but they're so inconsistent. With Batley coming in along with more great talent I think they have a good chance in turning things around.

4. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Active Member

How long before they're the Winnipeg Stealth?

5. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

About the same time Buffalo wins another championship. ;)

6. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

I'm hoping they just keep moving more and more north. Yellowknife, here we come!

7. rogue

rogue Guest

The best move they could make would be getting rid of the worst GM in the game.

dougm likes this.
  8. cdngoalie

cdngoalie Member

Lintz for a 2nd round pick is a bad trade. You're managing a team who has no 1st round picks till 2020 and you give up your next highest pick in a draft year for a 30 yr old player. Lintz is a steady D guy but he isnt a D guy that will come into a room and take charge of the back end

mooseantlers likes this.
  9. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

praying those free agent signings amount to something.

10. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

I think the Stealth are going to surprise people this season.

11. valleygoalie

valleygoalie New Member

I would be skeptical of the Stealth doing anything this year. Wondering how hurt Tyler Richards got in his playoff series in the WLA. As I Penney isnt the answer if Richards cant play.

12. mr.crowley

mr.crowley Active Member

I've been saying that since the move to Langley…Hope so, but man someone in that locker room needs to step up and command excellence

13. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

That last home game against the Rush was utterly fantastic and showed what the Stealth could do when they brought their A game so I know the talent is there but the drive needs to be there as well.

14. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

penney is not it, Richards is hurt - hoping for big things from belanger