Stealth Woes

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by New Fan, Dec 30, 2017.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i could say the same for batley

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Milligan comes with Batley, so, let's just focus discussion there.

so, someone who has been in this business since, what, 2004, thought Batley was minimum the 8th best coach available.

what happens when we expand? :eek:

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

**slowly raises hand**

I'll do it.

dougm likes this.
  4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It just might get to that point where fans are hired to coach because there's no one else around with all the teams coming in. And maybe with the Commish's ties to MLS, you might get soccer coaches in this league.

5. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Got to feel badly for the Stealth on a 1 goal loss last night in Colorado. They played well. Justin Salt out with an injury and no Logan Schuss. That and giving up 5pp goals. Heck of an effort on the road. Now have to travel home and play Georgia who is sitting waiting for them. Such a stupid schedule.

6. RockStar

got screwed on the tying goal.....Noble got free for the finish off a brutally illegal pick

7. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

Absofuckinglutely they did! But they have now had tw0 more than respectable games in a row and that leads me to today's question.

How bad are they gonna soil the sheets tonight at home?

8. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

A younger looking defense corp seems to be helping.

9. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Hopefully getting hosed last night will get them up for the game. Getting Schuss back in the lineup will help. Going to be a tired group.

10. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

11. RockStar

Betting against Vancouver at home is just about the safest bet in pro sports

12. Rottenrocker

Looking forward to seeing them play on March 31st.....best Christmas present ever....

13. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

No worries on that win. Got to feel for Denise Watkins who owns the Stealth. They are done as far as making playoffs. With 9 games left, 7 in their own Division, which they could go 0-7. Playoffs in the West all set. What do the Stealth have to do to right the ship for next season?

14. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

Fire the gm.
    trade Duch
    Small
    and anyone else over 26 for draft picks

15. Rottenrocker

This team will look very different next season after the expansion draft. Assuming of course they're still here.

16. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

When is the trade deadline

17. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

duch is become untradeable with this season performance.

18. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

time for a new gm if you want hope.

RockStar likes this.
  19. The Wack

The Wack Member

I feel like this offseason depending on what the expansion rules are could help the Stealth out if they have an GM that is willing to make moves.At the moment the Stealth have no goalie worth while protecting and at the most 3 forwards in my opinion ( Schuss, Small and potential Malcom). I dont even know if you could 10 total players that would be worth protecting on the whole team. Duch is injury that made him miss all of the summer looks like it going to end his career like it did Billings with a sharp rapid decline.

If I was the Stealth this offseason there potential a team in New England and Georgia that might want to keep there goalies New England with Bold and Jamieson for their future and Georgia the same with Pouling and either Hill or Orelman for their future. Depending on the expansion rules they could potential trade to protect one of these goalies for that team for a second round. As the stealth get younger and have complete roster makeouver. They could also possible due this with teams like Saskatchewan as what ever D guy they don't protect is defiently going to get picked up. Just think of this list ( Rubisch, Dilks, Corbeil, Mydske, Messenger, Cornwall. Thompson, Sorichetti and Hossack) would all be protect by the teams in the rest of the league. They could potential protect a player for a pick again. They could do this with any team that has some talented players that they don't want to lose.

I know I said protect Small but with him moving back to Ontario this could perfect time to trade as his play this year been on the decline in the NLL he was still one of the best offensive lefties in the WLA this summer. I don't know that Toronto or Buffalo would trade for him but again you might be able to get a bidding war if your Stealth either with New England or Philly.

RockStar likes this.
  20. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

What on Earth happened to Rhys Duch? Still among the league leaders in shots, but only 7 goals in 10 games to show for it. Sad to see a potential future Hall of Famer look like a shadow of himself.