Steve Priolo

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Torbald2895, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that he tries to be an enforcer, but just ends up being a little b!tch? I mean, Toronto a few weeks ago, he wouldn't fight O'Brien, but he grabbed for anybody in that dogpile. Then yesterday, Steenhuis shoves people like always, then he gets shoved back, and Priolo just jumps the guy, which gave Philly a 7 minute powerplay. That just made me angry more than anything. I think they should scratch him and give Purves a chance.

2. the doctor

the doctor New Member

For the same reasons you cite, I called him as a "punk" in another thread but I'll cede to your "little b!tch" title. While either one decribes him well, I like your's much better.

3. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

It's like he tries to be tough but he does it in all the wrong ways. Like Irving, I have a lot of respect for him for going with Dawson in his second game. But Priolo just jumping people or not fighting people like O'Brien, I can't give him respect for that. I can't stand that about Steenhuis either, how he'll shove people then never do anything about him. Both of them are gonna get their @sses handed to them one day.

4. fritzagelmann

fritzagelmann New Member

Tappy is great, and I think we are going to see lots of great things from him. Hes still new to the scene but hes pulling his weight. If anything I would point to the rest of the team for allowing the wings to get away with as much crap as they did last night. I was honestly surprised that Francis didn't put Joe in his place or any other number of wings players who were playing more like goons than actual athletes. Steve did his job, and if you look at him last week he did an amazing job keeping his wings player from doing anythign productive all game. His game misconduct call was bs, and i find it amazingly confusing as to how you can call someone riding and pushing Steenhuis as anything other than a goon. Tappy knew his job was to protect and defend his fellow teammate, and he did that amazingly well. To bad the Wings arn't made of sterner stuff.

5. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal New Member

Torbald, you're correct. He likes to challange guys like Manning and Woods and grab them in piles. Timmy offers him a chance at the title, and he turns it down.

6. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

This. Priolo had a rep as a fighter coming into the league from what I heard, but he won't drop them with anyone worthwhile.

He may be a fighter, but so far he's just coming off looking like a weasel.

7. JohnnyT11827

JohnnyT11827 New Member

Steenhuis started with his man, all that pushing and shoving was caused by Steenhuis. And Priolo deserved that game misconduct. First off he instigated which I believe comes with an automatic game misconducted. Second, and I'm not really sure but it looked like he came straight off the bench and did that. When I saw that the first thing I thought of was the game in Toronto. If they're out there to settle scores I'd rather see them do it on the scoreboard. I'd rather have the last laugh in May.

8. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

eventually priolo will face a snider, a dawson, a smith and then we'll see what he's made of.

9. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

Because Steenhuis started all of it (like always), I could've seen a Wings player jumping in, then Priolo go in. But for him to just go jump Alrich when he was sticking up for himself, that's just not the reputation you want in this league. Last year he fought Rory and Petkoff and didn't do so good in either, so now he's going after people who don't fight and turning down the heavyweights, which is just really stupid if you want respect in this league.

10. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

He did fight Smith last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Q2aaHaqAM and didnt look so hot after.

11. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

torbald;
    i was not aware that they had tangled.
    but i agree that fighters in this league know their place. i didn't much behind the play on the bcast that warranted steve launching himself at alrich. if buffalo wants to pin a loss on anyone, steve was it imho.

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

nomination for homer post of the season

13. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal New Member

Exactly, Petkoff, enough said. Not a fighter, only fight he's ever been in. Oh yeah, and he won it.

14. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

That's exactly what I thought. They were already losing, and a 7 minute penalty kill didn't help at all, especially one that could have been easily avoided too.

15. java

java New Member

damn, after Smith waxed his butt he didnt know if he was on foot or horseback.... better try curling or horseshoes...

16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

He's a great big strong guy and, and in Junior A, that's usually all you need to be a heavyweight enforcer. In the pros, it's a little different.

Only real pro fight I was able to watch:

He faced Petkoff last year, and depending on whether your lenses were orange or red, he maybe won or maybe lost a split decision. (I think Petkoff controlled and had maybe one more scoring blow)

Anyway, I don't think anyone had Petkoff in Fight Club's top 12.

17. Herbavor

Herbavor Active Member

In defense of Steve.......
    The Petkopf fight was for his run on Monster last year that at this time ended his career.

NOT fighting Obrien in the 2nd game was smart on his side. They wanted some vengance for Billings. By staying out, did not allow TO to get onto the game (hense why getting the whole Dawson thing out of the way hurt Buffalo this week)

And with someone going after mark, as an enforcer, your job to take care of business. I'm sure they were hoping this would inspire Dawson to dance with Brandon, but never happened.

Steve is still young, just needs to remove his edge. I thought the game he played @ Philly was his best so far. Just give him time, we have seen how time has taught BDS how to pick those battles as well.

18. ljca7841

ljca7841 New Member

I think there was more going on on the floor that we couldn't see. Bandits called a time out just before this went down. Odd time out called so early in the quarter.

19. cowgirl911

cowgirl911 New Member

It was his first year in the league and stood up to rory. Like all players fighters need time to develop.

20. laxxx

laxxx New Member

He was smart not to fight obrien , he turned down francis at home so why would the bandits let him fight priolo on his own turf. I think that was a smart way to keep the game in buffalo's control and I think that if it had been anybody else pushing steenhuis around, priolo would have jumped them too. I think thats the intimidation Buffalo wants, and you have to have guys sticking up for your scorers even if they are flopping or chirping or starting it. You stick up for your veterans and your teammates. period. Priolo looks like he is doing what he is told and I wouldnt want to get in his way.