1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

Storm Coming Back?

Discussion in 'Anaheim Storm Forum' started by titansfan1, Mar 18, 2009.

1. titansfan1

titansfan1 New Member

whens this program coming back? and if it is i dont think its going back to Anaheim cuz of the horrible fan base there

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

one word

never

AmericanRockFan likes this.
  3. kaotik29

kaotik29 New Member

LOL, horrible fan base? I lived in the Inland Empire, about 45 minutes from Anaheim, and you know how much marketing was done for the team? ZERO! They get less marketing than the Ducks, which is sad because the Ducks never got marketed too well when I was their, either. Neither were the Angels. It's always about Los Angeles there and the backroom deals that make channels originating from Orange County and the IE illegal, with the exception of small public broadcasting channels.

Move the team inland to Ontario, even though the arena only seats a little more than 9700, and market the team inland, maybe on KCAL and "the X". And they can keep the name "Storm", since audibly the name works with the hockey tenant (they are the Reign). Milliken and Haven (the two surrounding major roads) can handle the traffic, even with Ontario Mills in the area, and the arena is very freeway accessible.

So if they want to give the NLL a try in California, I would put a team in Ontario and see how it works when paired with a hockey team.

4. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

I'm guessing that Jayson Williams still has the franchise rights?

5. BCD

BCD New Member

I guess a movie and 85 sequels getting infinite replay on cable is not good marketing. :confused: Check that. It was Emilio Estevez. Never mind. :doh:

6. I wonder if Jayson Williams still owns the franchise rights does he still pay league dues? I know the Edmonton Oilers own a dormant AHL franchise and still pay league dues for it. Are the Storm still officially a franchise or are they dead completely?

How did the previous "dead" teams ala Montreal and Columbus work? Did their owners technically retain the franchise before it was sold to its current home?

7. Rockman

Rockman Active Member

Where is he these days? Is he out of jail yet?

There must have been some deal with Portland as they ended upo with most of the players and the coaching staff.

8. BanditsRepeat

BanditsRepeat New Member

What about Chicago? Aren't they still technically a team? Didn't they say they were trying to come back next season, although I doubt that will happen, considering Arizona said they were going to do the exact same thing.

9. Smackem

Smackem New Member

All deals with Portland fell through. Portland was awarded an expansion. Angela worked something for Keenan and some players and other players were free to go where they wished and they followed Keenan.

10. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Active Member

the fanbase was bigger than that of ny and sj. both of which are still floating around

11. wordup!

wordup! New Member

I still think that they could do very good in San Deigo. Even today.

12. silvanthalas

With nowhere to play.

13. wordup!

wordup! New Member

hmmm... San Deigo Sports Arena is still there......:doh:

14. silvanthalas

There has been talk about tearing the place down in the last several years, or at the very least replacing it. It looks like they did do some renovations, so maybe the talk about tearing it down has subsided for the time being.

I also recall reading at one point that the rink dimensions were too small for NHL/NLL regulations.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Bump....

Before today, the above post was the last post to this forum. That post is now 1 year old today.

I felt this sad little forum needed some love and hopefully one day there'll be a return of the NLL to California.

16. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

No!!! This forum didn't need any love. It's like poking at the sick dying dog on the side of the road. :boink: :doh:

17. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

Where's San "Deigo" ?

18. kaotik29

kaotik29 New Member

And you've never misspelled anything while typing?

I still think the Inland Empire is worth a try. Put them in Ontario in the same arena as the Reign (ECHL hockey team). They'd be enough out of the LA sphere of events, except there might be complaints of a 9,736 seat arena in the NLL :blabla:. And just can't have a home game there on Fontana race weekend.

19. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

I got me a brainstorm! They could play in an OUTDOOR rink. Just put up some boads inside Petco. Put all the Fans in the outfield seats. Easy to make it look full with only people sitting on one side.

Wait, even San DIEego is cold at night in the Winter.

20. wordup!

wordup! New Member

thanks for a proof reading....a year later. yeah i miss spelled it.....