Storm Coming Back?

Discussion in 'Anaheim Storm Forum' started by titansfan1, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Wingslax33

Wingslax33 Member

If im recalling correctly Chicago had a good first year as a franchise. Didnt they bring 6-7k attendances? It could be better but certainly not bad for being a new team.

2. wordup!

wordup! New Member

the difference is was it all paid attendance? i was told no.....

3. kaotik29

kaotik29 New Member

I would hope it shouldn't matter in year 1 as long as years 2 and on are (at least almost) all paid attendance.

Honda Center had to have a huge price tag for the Storm (17,174 seating in hockey configuration). Places like the Sears Center (for Chicago) probably have a smaller price tag, but you need a good percentage of seats to be actually sold.

That is why when it is brought up, I keep pushing for the Storm in Ontario, California.

4. wordup!

wordup! New Member

they can play even at SD for a cheaper price.....play in the Shockers indoor soccer arena. it's a small arena but it's better than no team. rent is cheap.

or go to the sports arena....12k is better than 9k in Ontario,CA. Plus SD is a better area to get fans and a better lax area too. should be able to get 5K paid... don't think we can get 2K paid in the IE......

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Wow... it's been two years since someone posted in this forum. *sigh* I wish I could report happier times. One day, they will come.