Strong finish, but too late

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by mr.crowley, Apr 30, 2016.

1. mr.crowley

mr.crowley Active Member

Stealth finished very strong once their backs were to the wall. Last nights loss still showed a ton of fight in the squad and promise for next year. I agree with a few experts mindset that the thing that scares me most is the lack of a top tier draft pick for sometime. That being said, I'm hopeful as I am every year that the team can pick up where they left off these past few weeks and come out next season with a bit more sense of urgency in the first half of the year.

2. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Agreed. The coaching change was long overdue and the roster is full of solid players so I think that next season will be better.

3. herbie

herbie Member

Something wrong with the Islanders?

Sure Maybe Dan Perrault needed to go. But is there really no one from BC that could take over?

What's wrong with Hayes the Mann cup winner from Victoria? If you want an experienced NLL coach why not get former coach Christiansan also from Victoria.

So the coaching change had a great affect?

But they beat Saskatchewan and Calgary after the coaching change!. Correct, they also beat both of them before the change and Colorado as well.

They had that close 1 goal loss in Colorado, a place that is so hard to play in. Correct, and they also had a close 1 goal loss in Colorado before the change and also an OT loss in Rochester.

DP was 3-7 so 30% JB was 2-6 so 25%
    DP's team gave up more goals(126) then JB's team (119),
    But that translates into 12.6 GAA for DP and 14.8 for JB

The only place that showed any improvement was GF with 11.5 under Millican with Toth had them at 10.6

One other thing to consider is that for half of his games DP didn't have a number 1 goalie.

4. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

I don't understand this logic. If I'm an NLL owner and I'm looking for a new coach, my criteria are:

#1 someone that will help the team WIN
    Distant #2 someone who lives nearby

5. herbie

herbie Member

I agree with you but I'd say that criteria 1 was not met and will rephrase that to say isn't there someone in BC that could have given this team a better chance than the guy they flew in from Ontario.