Taylor for Powless

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by RockStar, Aug 13, 2018.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Just saw a FB post that Dan Taylor was shipped West for Johnny Powless.

I had hopes for Taylor - big body with some hands, but, he looked kinda lost with Toronto in the few games last season.

Powless has hung around a nine team league for a number of years, so, in an expanding-to-11-then-14 team league, I see him as probably a legit NLL lefty forward....... Possibly takes another move for Toronto's corps to go from arguably league worst to mid-pack, but, this is a positive step

On the plus side, for the first time in a helluva long time, Toronto has some Six Nations talent that is likely to crack the roster. Hoping this is the start of something where some of those veteran free agents actually feel that Toronto could be a good hometeam situation for them.....and then maybe some of the youth sees them here and thinks this would be a situation for them as well.

Welcome aboard, Johnny.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Somewhere CrocodileLax rejoices!

4. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

He's a substantial upgrade over Taylor but plays his best when he's with other Six Nations players. There are one or two more moves necessary to fix the offense and the coaching needs a look see but this is a step in the right direction.

5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

how long before he eclipses dowling or panos record for teams played for?

6. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I got Matt Giles on 12 teams

7. Hollywood42

NE traded him to Calgary for a second and forth round pick first , then Calgary flipped him to Toronto

8. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

yeah but i felt teams wanted giles. not sure how gm's feel about johnny.

9. Hollywood42

He also had a lot of one and dones(Giles) because of franchise movement

Powless scored 8 friggin goals in 10 games with New England , he’s lucky he’s even in the league

10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i think there were more expansion drafts for poorly funded franchises in Giles' day.....ditto Panos and Dowling.

as mentioned, I see it as a minor upgrade for Toronto's struggling lefty attack, so, cautiously hopeful on this one.

11. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

It was a three-way trade. Calgary sent two draft picks to NE, Toronto got Powless, and Calgary got Taylor.

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Didn’t Panos have a rep as a cancer too? I just remember seeing mtbf complain that Panos used to e-mail him