1. As of May 24, 2018 our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have been updated.
    Dismiss Notice

team back in OC...

Discussion in 'Anaheim Storm Forum' started by NLLStormCA, Feb 28, 2006.

1. NLLStormCA

NLLStormCA New Member

email back from Brian Lemon said they are looking at a team in So cal this up coming season....lets make it happen!!!

2. wordup!

wordup! New Member

who's brian lemon???

3. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

Brian is the Vice president of Lacrosse Operations for the NLL.

4. wordup!

wordup! New Member

so what needs to happen? did he say were? SD? long beach?? LA? Anaheim?

5. SonicStuart

SonicStuart New Member

I think the NLL needs a team in San Diego and Los Angeles/Anaheim.

6. Tavares is God

Tavares is God Active Member

How about the LA Storm of Anaheim?

7. SonicStuart

SonicStuart New Member

That might work but if they were called the LA Storm of Anaheim would they play in the Staples Center or play in Arrowhead Pond Arena again?

8. SGAstumpJ

SGAstumpJ New Member

Odds are they would have to play at the Pond. Staples Center is just too busy, what with the Clippers, Lakers, Kings, Avengers (AFL), concerts TBA, and the one weekend they're all out of town, the Pac-10 Tournament. You couldn't find 8 open dates. Or, if you did, they'd all be at, like, 12:00 Sunday afternoon, when even the Clips (who are by far the better team this year) have about 5,000 empty seats. The Pond only has the Ducks to juggle, and are still desperate for dates when they can actually be open. A team based in Anaheim can succeed. The trick is in getting an owner who will do some actual marketing (Read: Arte Moreno!)

9. wordup!

wordup! New Member

but do we feel that it will happen this year??? next year???

10. SGAstumpJ

SGAstumpJ New Member

It's not going to happen this year. Chicago is getting a team and maybe New York (if they can get their act together on an ownership group while also settling the MSG/Nassau debate). We also need to get an ownership group together here, but the Pond may well step into that role themselves. Still, we're looking at 2007-08 at the earliest.

11. SonicStuart

SonicStuart New Member

Who knows maybe they might announce an NLL expansion report on TV during halftime of the NLL Championship game on May 13th.

12. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

We Cannot let this last thread DIE.

13. SonicStuart

SonicStuart New Member

Yeah, I think the problem was with the Anaheim Storm is that they didn't play so well and that they had a low attendance which was the reason why the franchise suspensed operations. But I think a team in Los Angeles/Anaheim can succeed they just need a good owner and good players.

14. Mr. Big

Mr. Big New Member

What do you suppose will be done differently to ensure success? I would prefer to see the NLL go to Texas (Dallas) or perhaps Seattle.

15. SonicStuart

SonicStuart New Member

I think an NLL team in Dallas might work. If the NLL got a team for Dallas they could play in the AmericanAirlines Center or Reunion Arena.

16. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Is the Reunion Arena even being used for anything?

17. SonicStuart

SonicStuart New Member

I don't know. But I do know that the MISL Dallas Sidekicks were using it until 2004 and now the MISL is trying to bring back the Dallas Sidekicks.

18. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Here's hoping the OC gets a team...then Fox might put them in the show!

So on top of HOUSE, there will have been 2 Anaheim teams on TV :D

19. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

I was in LA over Christmas and had the opportunity of seeing the Pond-extremely nice arena! One question (albeit slightly off-topic). How many other activities besides the (formerly Mighty) Ducks take place there? Wouldn't the Clippers be better off with their own facility (with apologies to Billy Crystal)?

I agree that it would be great to see a team back in So. Cal.-the Storm was finally starting to look decent.

20. SonicStuart

SonicStuart New Member

There isn't any other sports teams that play at Arrowhead Pond Arena (well now the name is going to changed to the Honda Center, but I like Arrowhead Pond Arena as a name than Honda Center) right now. The Los Angeles Clippers use to play in the Pond but now they share the Staples Center with the Los Angeles Lakers.