Tebow, the baseball version

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by swami24, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Very true. If you've made it to AAA, you're usually just waiting for a spot to open up at the major league level.

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

They have a stand.. Mr Miyagis... which made me laugh at first. A 4in deep, 6in across bowl of rice cabbage and meat of your choice, for $10 to $15. I had the teriyaki chicken a 10, mrs had spicy pork for 13. I poured sriracha all over mine... they were very good, and I am an Asian food snob.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  3. Wings-4-Life

Lakewood has a Mr Miyagi's as well. I think I've only ever gotten tempura shrimp there. I highly recommend Lakewood if you live close enough.

We usually go at least once a year and live 2 hours away.

4. Wings-4-Life

Tebow was named an all-star today.

Which goes to show that the Eastern League all star game is just as useless and laughable as the MLB all star game is every year.

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

The fact that 6 New Hampshire FisherCats made it legitimizes the Eastern League all-star game.

6. Wings-4-Life

At least they have some of the most watchable players right now with the 3 MLB sons on the roster. I'd pay to see them (and I did a few weeks ago).

Oh well, most ASG's in sports have long been a popularity contest rather than who's most deserving. At least Tebow just finished up the best month of his career.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

The FisherCats were named the most must see MiLB team by ESPN. The only selection that surprised me a little was Zeuch getting selected, but that’s only cause he hasn’t been there for that long.

8. swami24

Had Espn on this morning, and they mentioned Tebow's selection, and actually predicted the Mets will bring him up in Sept. They have nothing of interest to their fans, so maybe it would help attendance? I may go to the allstar game.

9. Wings-4-Life

Damn, I was at least nicer to the guy than the Reading Eagle was:

10. swami24

Eh..totally forgot about this game, so I missed it. If I were still working in the adjacent complex to the stadium, I probably would have remembered.. Been a rough couple of months for me, my dad passed away a month ago, and am dealing with all the finances. Plus several high profile projects at work. But it is Friday :p

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018