1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank God its over

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by rocklax#1, Apr 28, 2018.

1. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

Im glad I don't have to waste anymore money on seeing this team this year. So much talent wasted. Worst power play, 2nd worst penalty kill(maybe 3rd worst) and most SHG given up. Never seen a worse team on the power play.

The proper 3 teams made playoffs this season from east plain and simple

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Buffalo definitely was too inconsistent to get in. I thought NE would have been the other team that wouldn't get there.

3. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Agreed. Sadly, I don't see things improving as Dawick will likely blame the season on injuries rather than coaching and count on the return of Turner Evans and Jesse Gamble to right the ship.

The expansion draft will ship out some dead weight. Good leadership can then use the remaining talent properly while adding a strong free agent or two. There's hope for the team but not with the current management.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Halfway through the fourth I decided I didn't care if I saw a playoff game, and, decided that I certainly didn't want to see a bill for one.........

This powerplay unit is hilariously bad outside of the four game stretch where the attack looked like world beaters.

Generally tough to fault the attack in a 19-14 loss, but, damn, Cupido gets a hat trick, and a couple more guys got open looks on a rush behind every Rock player.......They're wearing a lot of egg from this.

So, protect Rose, Schreiber, Lintner, and the 8 best D men.

Do not protect any of the coaching or front office.

5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

lintner looking like a man this season. not sure of hickey, hellyer or jones if all or none stay.

6. RockStar

The season statsline does not look terrible, but, the per game numbers look very ordinary if you take away the four game streak

I totally do not care about keeping any of them.....interchangeable mediocrity for huge swaths of the season.

7. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

Hickey can go, I know Hellyer lead team in points but he disappeared last half of season as did Jones. I don't blame Rose for anything, a lot of games we lost we kept us in them long enough for the O to try and get back into. Sawyer, Manning and Dawick have to go. Lintner earned my respect.

RockStar likes this.
  8. RockStar

I feel pretty well the same way. Dawick can keep being the president, but, he has to hire a lacrosse guy for the GM job and leave that guy the F alone.......at least until it is time to decide whether to try and get a better/different GM.

9. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

you should try getting tom's partner in the MLL, marcus holman, next winter. he torched ny for 11 goals. marcus's older brother played with the portland lumberjax.

10. chuckster

I still don't understand why people say the guy who owns the team should be fired. He owns the team! Dawick should just write the checks and hire the best people to shape the roster and once those people are hired, he gets out of their way.

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Personally, I was semi-trolling when I made my Fire Dawick thread a few weeks back. I don't mind the guy as an owner, but I'm not a big fan of him being the GM as well. Granted, I'm aware that he'll still have the final say on personnel decisions if he so chooses, but I'd rather someone who's more experienced in professional lacrosse be the GM (see: Sanderson, Josh).

12. AmericanRockFan

I don't mind if Hickey leaves, although I think he'll catch on elsewhere and be a pretty good addition for whoever he signs with, probably to the point that we'll discuss on here next season "the Rock should've kept Hickey." Hellyer and Jones should stay, and Lintner really has emerged as the unsung hero of this team.

Manning should probably be shown the door. For some reason I'm willing to give Sawyer some more rope, even though his tenure as head coach has disappointed me a little bit.

13. AmericanRockFan

So, let's talk about Josh Sanderson joining Patrick Merrill in San Diego.

14. chuckster

Interesting. I would have had Sanderson as a candidate to replace Dietrich as GM if the Bandits were inclined to clean house. The Seals also hired Bill Greer.

15. AmericanRockFan

This surprised me. Considering how young he was when he retired from playing, I thought he was done with the NLL. I'm a tad surprised to see he's engaged enough to fly from Toronto to San Diego every week....