1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Rochester fans

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by Johnnyrocks11, Mar 14, 2009.

1. JTavares4E

JTavares4E Active Member

we heard you, and we also did them up in 213.

2. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

We heard several groups of Bandit fans doing the B-O-X chant, at least 3. We sit near the top and each was pretty loud, even though they were broken into 3 or 4 different groups.

3. Johnnyrocks11

Johnnyrocks11 New Member

REM you were right. It was across from 122. That blood you saw was my friends. He ended up with 14 stiches, 10 inside his lip and 4 outside. His eyes is also swollen shut. Charges are being filled. They were season ticket holders so it was easy to get their name when we got their seat location.

4. Bandits37

Bandits37 Member

Well i went to the game and besides from the pretty crummy 'Chinese/american" restaurant we went to before the game i had fun gameday. Got there to late for the parade but had fun walking around town and seein where the good bars seem to be. As for the game that was a good time, can't believe they actually give ya bottles for your beer at the BCA though. Seemed a bit dangerous. Other then that and the ridiculously slippery stairs (bare slick concrete? Really guys?) it was a pretty good trip all around......especially when the announcer did that "Wholly moley what a goalie" line. That was prolly the lamest and most hilarious thing i've ever heard:rotfl:
    ________
    Laguna Heights Condominium Wong Amat

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  5. Goose4lax

Goose4lax Active Member

I would like to give props to the 'hawk fans. I was in 213 or somewhere in the corner with other Bandit fans and did not have trouble with anyone. We were loud..you were loud and it was a great game. To bad we came up on the short end. I would hope a bunch of 'hakw fans make to Buffalo next month for the same fun. With a home team win, of course.

Goose

6. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

I'll echo Goose's comments. However I was in row Q in 213, behind me and towards section 212 some highschool aged first lax game fans (2 or 3) were trying to start things, it came close at one point to fisticuffs, but cooler heads prevailed between the hawks fans and the guys behind me. I didn't get much ribbing, just the usual, it was worse at the 11-6 loss last year.

PS: Props to the K-hawks fan that wanted to know how Buffalo felt about the TO situation. I couldn't really help him because I'm not a football fan, but he was a nice guy.

7. MVPGrant24

MVPGrant24 New Member

wow what a game , hawks vs the bandits should a a reality show because this is always filled with drama.

8. maverick215

maverick215 New Member

Lord... That was me with the cooler head... I was the guy sitting in Q wearing the Bomberry jersey and Redskins jacket. I hate going to games and seeing people like them. Like I told them.. we are here to watch a game, the game is over and Roch won... congrats on a great game... there is no need to ruin a great evening with fighting.

9. Proud2BAhawkFan

Proud2BAhawkFan New Member

Anyone other than Johnnyrocks11 been able to verify this incident? It really needs to be put out there if its another "Bearded" story OR truth.

10. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Yeah I know what you mean. You sat next to me and my buddies we has the three 3rd jerseys (Vyse, Accursi, Tavares), nice to meet you. Also props for being a moderator in that.

11. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

well if charges were filed anyone can call the Rochester police and ask because it is a public record

they were really easy to hear on the internet

12. DThawks141

DThawks141 New Member

wow, this is ACTUALLY TRUE. I talked to my buddy in Buffalo, and he said that his friend got the crap kicked out of him for nothing and that he was pushed down the stairs. How pathetic. I am assuming it's the same person. I am so sorry to hear this.

13. MVPGrant24

MVPGrant24 New Member

thats really unfortunate that it did. Im sad to hear this.

14. Hittrain

Hittrain New Member

Some but not all...

Look, I understand that this apparently is true; but I have a problem with the title and overall stereotype that this thread attempted to create. First of all, again IF TRUE, I feel terrible for the young man injured and I hope the assailants are punished. However, I was a criminal attorney for a period of time and there are always fourteen sides to a story; additionally, I don't believe anything "confirmed" or reported by anonymous interent people.

Secondly, the title of this thread and the tenor of the first post grouped "Rochester fans" as thugs and hooligans. Look, I admit and concede that some fans OF ALL TEAMs are knuckleheads. I've seen other team's fans (including Rochester fans) assualted and injured in other stadiums. I didn't then stereotype ALL of the fans from that city as aholes or hoodlums. My point is, this is no different; if an idiot or two decided to act in an unacceptable manner, it doesn't change the fact that most of the fans, Buffalo and Rochester alike treated the game as that, a game. Most of the fans I met and saw were classy and shook hands with me following the game. There were a few, understandably, disgruntled Bandit fans, but most of the fans from both sides handled themselves well.

Overall I'm proud of the fans of Rochester and I think 95-99% of them act in a classly and acceptable manner; I am insulted that a poster would classify "Rochester fans" as aholes b/c of one supposed incident. I would have preferred that the poster and this thread expressed disgust and anger at the abnormal thugs instead of attempting to raise the ire of the masses by painting in broad strokes.

My Humble Opinion

'Train

15. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Folks, I'd just like to point out that I have been to Buffalo and Rochester countless times and have never been physically assaulted.

Given the way I used to behave, this is solid evidence that if you do get slugged, there might be a valid reason that was at least partially under your own control.

Here's hoping no one was seriously hurt, and that if they were, the thugs get punished.

16. The_Philster

The_Philster New Member

agreed...I think a lot of the time that something physical happens, both sides share some of the blame (a lot of the time, not all of it) I've been to Rochester a few times for Bandits games and have gone to Baltimore, San Diego, and Seattle for Bills games and the worst I've dealt with was the occasional loudmouthed kid shooting his mouth off (last year in Rochester and in 2004 in Baltimore) I generally ignore trash talk and don't engage in it with opposing fans at HSBC Arena or at the Ralph myself. Admittedly, ignoring someone being obnoxious doesn't always prevent anything from happening, but unless that person is pretty drunk (or just a total scumbag), it's a pretty good way to stay safe.

17. Bandits37

Bandits37 Member

Yeah laughin it off or ignoring it is usually the best way to go. Half the time any loudmouths give it up if they can't get a part of the crowd behind them. If you laugh it off or ignore them they just lose steam and forget about. That or end up looking like the jerky one and is to embarassed to keep it up

18. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

This is the **** I miss from the old days of the forum.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  19. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I had some jackass from Calgary chirp me because of something their hockey team did. Once. Nearly 32 years ago.

He's lucky I was sober, have something to lose, and, really don't care much about what happened last week in sports let alone in the 80s. :D

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  20. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Couldn't he have just talked **** about how tonight's game in Toronto went? :confused: