Thank you

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by bigfan, Apr 14, 2002.

1. bigfan

bigfan New Member

Rock fans,

To see the thousand of fans supporting the team yesterday meant a lot to myself and the team. The atmosphere at Jillians was simply amazing. 600 fans cheering for the away team.]

I hope that everyone understandsmy motivations for what happened last week. I know that the city of Albany understood it by the number of tickets they sold and how loud the Rock fans were. The Rock fans taking over the Canadian national anthem was sensational.

Thanks for your support.

Brad Watters
    President
    Toronto Rock

2. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

Brad-thank you for making a wonderful contribution to our national sport.

...just one small favour-if you ever have to book buses for an out-of-town game again, how about delaying the departure so the fans can help celebrate?

3. Jonnonoon

Jonnonoon New Member

Is that Brad Watters or someone posting what Brad Watters said?

4. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Thank you to the Rock front office...

...for organizing a great bus trip. My only complaint: no time to celebrate afterwards...but that's OK, I got to see a great game, surrounded by Canadian fans in another teams city. The cool part? Taking the wind out of some more vocal Philly Wings fans sails. True, they were the defending champions, but it's kind of hard to defend a championship when you've already been put out...

Again, big thank you to Jason Maglantay, Brad Watters, Chad Richardson and Gord Bullock for puting the whole shebang together and bringing the Rockettes...what a blast at Jillian's, and what a blast in the Pepsi Center. Looks like we did pack the joint and blow the roof off!:D

5. QuietWingsFan

QuietWingsFan Member

MeatHead it was cool talking with you again at Jillian's. Congrats!

6. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Thanks, guy, it was great to meet you too. It is always gratifying to see fans from other cities there even when their team is not playing...see you in the new season! :)

7. newlaxfan2

newlaxfan2 New Member

I agree with what some of the other posters suggested... that next time the return trip gets delayed by even an hour or so so we can celebrate a bit.

Brad -- sorry I didn't believe it was you when I met you at Jillian's. LOL!! I didn't realize you were that young. :D

Thanks to Meathead by the way, for getting all those doughnuts for the fans!! I don't know if everyone realized you did that out of your own money. Thanks! You rock!

Oh, I went through 3 rolls of film at the game. (God willing they turn out!!!) If any of you want me to e-mail the best of the bunch to you, send your e-mail addy to me at newlaxfan@yahoo.com . I should get them back on Tuesday, so should have them set for e-mailing on Wednesday. The pics were taken at Jillian's, and lots at the game (some of fans, some of the game, some of the post-game celebration on the floor). I can't WAIT to get them back!!!

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Do the Rock even have 600 fans nowadays that even know when there's an away game going on?? :confused:

RockStar likes this.
  9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

The days of bus load of fans from Toronto, Buffalo, and Philadelphia are sadly long gone. I remember a trip to Baltimore four bus loads of Bandit fans in 1992 cheering and acting wild. All the Thunder fan in the next section could come back at us with is "you assholes know this is only lacrosse right?"

AmericanRockFan likes this.
  10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I think for old times sake for the glory days
    Next season the wings fan club will probably send a bus to Connecticut unless it’s a Sunday 2pm standard wolves home slot